- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Property Management Assistant
United Nations Organization Stabilization Mission in the Dr Congo (MONUSCO)
Deadline of this Job:
2nd March 2019
Date Posted: 8th February 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: Ush
Job Opening Reference: ESB/GJO/PMD/006/02-2019
Issuance Date: 01 February 2019,
Deadline Date: 02 March 2019
Type of contract: Fixed-Term
Appointment Duration: 1 year (further extension subject to successful performance and extension of mandate) Department: MONUSCO (UNITED NATIONS ORGANIZATION STABILIZATION MISSION IN THE DR CONGO) Entebbe Support Base Scheduled date for taking up appointment:
ASAP Title: Property Management Assistant Grade: GS-3
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A LOCALLY-RECRUITED POSITION, RESTRICTED TO UGANDAN NATIONALS AND/OR LEGAL RESIDENTS OF UGANDA Women are strongly encouraged to apply Qualified female candidates will be given priority for selection (DPKO Under-Secretary General's Policy Statement on Gender Mainstreaming). Organizational Setting and Reporting Relaționship. This position is within the Office of Head of Premises,
Organizational Setting and Reporting Relationship.
This position is within the Office of Head of Premises, located in the MONUSCO Entebbe Support Base (UNESB).
The Property Management Assistant at this level reports to the Chief of Unit.
The Property Management Assistant is responsible for participation in various phases of the physical verification of assets within the Entebbe Support Base.
The Property Management Assistant assists the supervisor in efficient management, accountability of property control in accordance with UN Regulations and Rules, Manuals and relevant guidance.
Effective tracking, monitoring, and reporting of 2 Inventory transactions and property management related activities Additionally, the Property Management Assistant handles the administrative formalities courtesies and communications required to ensure seamless interaction and collaboration between Principals of the Mission, the Host government and the diplomatic community in the conduct of official, activities. He/she assists in the coordination of the smooth running of the Head of Premises, Chief of Staff, Special Representative of the Secretary-general (SRSG), Deputy Special Representatives of the Secretary-General (DSRSGs) as well as other I high-level visiting delegations and official functions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Within delegated authority, the Property Management
Assistant will carry out the following duties:
Assists in maintaining accurate and auditable property records in electronic inventory management system 10 for property control and accountability in line with the administrative instructions, guidelines, manuals and SOPs; Assists in conducting physical inspections and quality control of mission United Nations Property to ensure that all items are accounted for and in serviceable condition;
• Assists in identifying anomalies and/or discrepancies and the details thereof, or any other reason for rejection 20 and record in Damage Discrepancy Reports (DDR), posted on the system and presented to R&I supervisor and Procurement for immediate action. Assists in conducting physical in conducting physical inspection and quality control of mission UNITED NATIONS property to ensure that all items are accounted for and in serviceable conditions.
• Assists in identifying anomalies and/or discrepancies and the details thereof or any other reasons for rejection and record in damage discrepancy reports posted on the Damage Discrepancy Reports posted on the system and presented to the Receiving &Inspection (R&I) supervisor and Procurement for immediate action,
• Perform data entry of the Goods Receipt Reports in Umoja and R&l reports in Galileo inventory management system.
• Assists in maintaining accurate and auditable property records in electronic inventory management systems for property control and accountability in line with the administrative instructions guidelines manuals and SOPs. Update all physical verification records and data entry in Galileo system.
• Assists in the execution of contracts for the disposal of property and supplies including all types of waste material.
• Assists the supervisor in dealing with the Self Accounting Units (SAUS) for preparation of equipment write offs and processing of write off cases through relevant property survey boards.
• Assists in the preparation of statistical analysis and trend analysis on United Nations property.
• Assists in the preparation, submission and follow up of Note verbal with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) for Tax exemptions for international staff working for MONUSCO, RSCE, OIOS, Ombudsman Office, RPO, UNMAS, UNMISS, UNISFA, MINUSCA, OIOS, CPT, UN Contractors and Consultants Based in Uganda.
• Provide visa processing assistance and support to international staffs and dependents working for MONUSCO, RSCE, OIOS, Ombudsman Office, RPO, UNMAS, UNMISS,UNISFA, MINUSCA, OIOS, CPT, UN Contractors and Consultants Based in Uganda. Provide administrative support to UNESB and MONUSCO offices in DRC (SRSG Office, Chief of Staff, Legal Office; amongst others), Perform other duties as required by the supervisor. Competencies:
• Knowledge of the Organization's rules and regulations as they pertain to supply, purchasing and logistics.
• Demonstrated use of initiative and ability to make appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipate next steps.
• Shows pride in work and in achievements: demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient. in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Planning & Organizing:
• Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies, identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
• Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing other ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflected in position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Qualifications required to perform the assigned duties of the post.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• À minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of property management, inventory control, logistics, administrative/protocol support or other related fields is required.
• At least one (1) year experience in administrative/protocol support in the UN system is required.
• Experience working in the UN Peacekeeping environment is desirable.
• Experience in drafting diplomatic documents is desirable.
• Valid national driving license is desirable
• Computer literacy in word processing, excel, spreadsheets is required
• Knowledge in SAP/Umoja, Business Intelligence applications is desirable. Languages
• English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
• Signed, updated Personal History Profile (visit https://nspira.un.org to generate a PHP)
• Latest performance evaluation report
• Copy of High School Diploma
• Copies of your highest certificates and diplomas
Job application procedure
Please note that failure to comply with the below will render your application invalid for this process.
All applicants must apply using a Personal History Profile generated from INSPIRA (visit https://inspira.un.org ) as soon as possible after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening.
All applications must be accompanied by the following which MUST be provided at the time of submission:
Signed Personal History Profile (PHP) as generated from INSPIRA (visit https://inspira.un.org to generate an account and the PHP) submitted as a PDF or JPEG attachment to the document. b. Latest performance evaluation report (for internal UN Candidates).
Copy of High School Diploma.
Copies of other relevant certificates and diplomas.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED
TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com WILL BE CONSIDERED. NO HAND-DELIVERED
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. 5. PLEASE ENTER THE REFERENCE OF THE JOB OPENING IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL.
Evaluation of qualified candidates will include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Each applicant must bear in mind that submission of incomplete or inaccurate applications will render that applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening. Initial screening and evaluation of applications will be conducted based on the information submitted.
Applications cannot be amended after submission.
This position is funded for an initial period of one (1) year and may be subject to extension. The position is OPEN TO NATIONALS OF UGANDA AND / OR LEGAL RESIDENTS OF UGANDA ONLY.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FURTHER.