- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Deadline of this Job:
22nd March 2019
Date Posted: 15th March 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full_Time , Currency: UGX , Value: 1000000 , Minimum: 700000 , Maximum: 3000000 , Period: MONTH
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern, inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Southern Sudan and DR Congo, Equity Bank is now home to more than 12 million customers, the largest customer base in the Eastern African Region. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve its customers in the role below
Job Title: Recoveries Manager
Job Ref: CRED/EQBUL 01/2019
Reports To: Sector Head, Monitoring & Collections
Reporting to the Sector Head, Monitoring & Collections, 5 the Recoveries Manager is charged with proactively managing the written off book of Equity Bank Uganda Limited in order to maximize recoveries and ensure full compliance with statutory regulations and guidelines as well as internal policies and procedures to minimize losses and maximize revenue for the Bank
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Bachelor's degree in Economics, Statistics, Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent.
• 5 years’ experience in a Financial Institution with at least 1-2 years’ experience in credit approval & structuring, credit administration and debt recovery.
• Financial analysis skills. Q Awareness of current economic events and commercial banking best practices.
• Thorough understanding of internal Credit policies.
• Thorough knowledge of FIA/IFRS guidelines & regulations on asset quality.
• Good knowledge of the national legal system/ framework with emphasis on the Mortgage Act.
• Awareness of the Consumer Protection guidelines.
• High degree of attention to detail.
• Self-driven, results oriented and ability to work under minimum supervision.
• Possess very good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• good customer service but firm.
• Possess very good negotiation skills with a commercial focus.
• Decision making skills. N Q High proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office “' applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Ability to exercise the highest level of responsibility and confidentiality.
• Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required to achieve the Bank’s objectives;
• Demonstrated knowledge of banking regulations, policies and procedures relating to Loan Workout processes;
• Knowledge and understanding of the laws, processes, and documentation about foreclosures, legal action, and solvency/bankruptcies, and recovery of delinquent commercial loans;
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and utilization of various applications for loan collections & recovery;
• Excellent understanding of the banking act and prudential guidelines.
• Good knowledge of banking products and evolving credit risk management systems; and ability to identify and take corrective steps.
Authority Level and Decision Making:
in making day to day decisions the job holder will consult with the Sector Head Monitoring & Collections, Head gt Credit and Head of Legal to make a well informed decision.
The job holder will work hand in hand the Legal Department for litigation and legal advice; Finance Department for passing interest income on written-offs loans recovered and any reconciliations and staff in Credit Department..
Key Result Areas:
• Achieve budget for written off account recoveries.
• Ensure full compliance with the Bank's internal credit policy and procedures on recoveries.
• Devise and adhere to personal activity work plans to achieve set targets.
• Manage and monitor external debt collection agencies performance to ensure adherence to guidelines, SLAs to maximize their productivity.
• Negotiations with Customers regarding settlement agreements and ensuring that all proposed settlements are approved by Management of the Bank before being effected.
• Establish & maintain liaison with other departments of the Bank, other banks and 3rd party collection agencies e.g. lawyers, bailiffs & solicitors, to ensure, good communications, prompt and efficient passage of information.
• Ensure timely referral of cases to Legal when turnaround of written off account is not possible and ensure foreclosure and/or recovery actions are done in the most cost effective manner and within set procedures to minimize losses & negative publicity [reputational risk].
• Provide timely, relevant & accurate assessment of recovery results against projected goals and any other report that may be needed to the Sector Head Monitoring & Collections.
• Ensure that all sales of defaulting Customers’ property are done within the laws and ensuring that the buyer has full possession of the property latest within 6 months to avoid legal battles with buyers. Risk Management.
• Adherence to internal credit policies and procedures.
• Compliance with statutory regulations and guidelines on disposing off securities for loans i.e. Mortgage Act & guidelines on disposing off Chattels.
• Effective credit recoveries control system.
• implementation of audit recommendations. Q Compliance with Consumer Protection guidelines.
• Departmental risk control self-assessments..
Job application procedure
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of the relevant certificates and testimonials, quoting the respective job title or ref no in the subject field to email@example.com or post to
The Head of Human Resources, Equity Bank (U1 Ltd,
P.0. Box 10184 Kampala, by Friday, 22nd March, 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Equity Bank is an equal opportunity employer. We value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights and values, and what they bring to the workplace