- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Senior Accountant Tax, Compliance and Reporting
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, 26th March 2019.
Date Posted: 12th March 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full_Time , Currency: UGX , Value: 1000000 , Minimum: 700000 , Maximum: 3000000 , Period: MONTH
This position ensures the organization has sound Tax, Regulatory Compliance and Financial Reporting processes and procedures in place to support the business as it grows. To succeed in this role, you should show interest in following changes to tax regulations and laws. Excellent time management skills are also essential, as you’ll have to ensure our company meets tight deadlines. Tax Accountant responsibilities also include organizing and maintaining records of tax payments.
Reporting to the Financial Accountant and Country Operations Manager. The jobholder will be in charge of Regulatory Compliance in all Tax heads, IRA requirements, BOA, FAI, Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance requirements and support monthly/quarterly/annual financial reporting.
• Prepare/Review tax payments estimate and track tax returns
• Complete monthly, quarterly annual tax reports, IFIA returns, BOU returns, FIA returns reports.
• Organize and update the company’s tax database, recommend tax strategies that align with business goals
• Prepare necessary paperwork for tax payments and returns
• identify tax savings and suggest ways to increase profits and follow industry trends and Hack changes related taxes
• Liaise with internal and external auditors
• Forecast tax predictions to senior managers
• Ensure mat proper books of account; are maintained to satisfy legal and internal requirements;
• Provide timely and accurate monthly ﬁnancial and accounting information to management;
• Prepare year end accounts and ensure mat the year-end audit exercise progresses smoothly;
• Develop, enhance and implement sound accounting and operating procedures including sound internal controls and ensure adherence to company policies;
• Provide leadership to the team and manage performance;
• Drive 100% continuous Statutory and Legal compliance of the company
• Ensure that the back office is running efﬁciently managing procurement and other areas.
• Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
• Bachelor of Commerce [Accounting or its equivalent degree;
• Qualified Accountant;
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a professional firm or financial related organization specializing in Tax and regulatory compliance;
• Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment;
• Strong team player with excellent leadership skills;
• High level of integrity;
• Attentive to detail and analytical;
• Excellent communications skills both oral and written.
•Presenting and Communicating information
• Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly presents effectively; responds quickly to others reactions and feedback during conversations; projects credibility.
• Working with People
• Shows respect for the views and contributions of team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and pro-actively shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conﬂict; adapts to me team and fits in well.
• Adhering to Principles and Values
• Upholds and encourages ethical behavior and departmental values; demonstrates integrity; encourages individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organizational values during every day interactions.
• Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, breaking them into component pans, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system process problem.
• Planning and Organizing
• Adheres to and monitors clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account possible changing circumstances; identities and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
• Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets and models high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintain quality and productivity works in a systematic methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
Job application procedure
To ﬁnd out more about the position and how to apply for the role online, kindly visit he careers page of our corporate website www.britam.com/careers and select Uganda. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. please submit your online application or before Tuesday, 26th March 2019. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.