- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Senior Commercial Manager
Aga Khan University (AKU)
Deadline of this Job:
28th April 2019
Date Posted: 12th April 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full_Time , Currency: UGX , Value: 1500000 , Minimum: 1050000 , Maximum: 4500000 , Period: MONTH
Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, autonomous and self—governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents www.aku.edu . An integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network, AKU provides higher education in several disciplines, carries out research pertinent to the countries and operates 7 hospitals (soon 8) and over 325 ouneach clinics, all at international standards. It has almost 2,500 students and 14,000 staff. The University is both a model of academic excellence and an agent of social change. As an international institution, AKU operates on the core principles of quality. relevance, impact and access.
Reports to the Project Director, AKU-East Africa, the successful candidates will coordinate and oversee commercial management for the design and delivery of capital projects across East Africa, working collaboratively with contractors, consultants and other project members to ensure a consistent and quality delivery of a cost effective and customer focused service. This position will be based in Kampala, Uganda..
• Cost control throughout projects from start to completion
• Be point of contact for clients and coordinate with other consultants
• Make r at cost checks as well as regular valuations to ensure that it is in with the cost reports
• Head up a team will perform pre and post contract duties on, large new builds as Well as reﬁirbishments and upgrade works
• Maintain effective communication with project management, associated disciplines
• Be responsible for commercial management of subcontractors including processing payments and resolving disputed issues by negotiation, as appropriate
• Prepare and assist with tender documentation and contracts in conjunction with the project manager
• Provide contractual, commercial, legal and budget support to the senior management and lead the commercial aspects of the Projects Office in East Africa.
• Monitor commercial indicators at all stages to ensure that accurate cost to complete against clear work scopes are delivered by the project teams
• Review variation order proposals and extensions of time submissions as applicable
• Develop the project commercial risk register and review on a regular basis
• Prepare, review and ﬁnalize correspondence related to commercial and contractual issues where necessary..
• Masters / Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• Civil / Electrical / Mechanical or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least 8 to 10 years' experience in construction and Quantity Surveying preferably in education, health care, research or public health sectors.
• A board experience in all aspects of project management and contract administration on a diverse range of commercial and residential construction contracts from inception to completion
• Extensive knowledge of infrastructures development and also have practical knowledge of commercial management and various international forms of contract such as the FIDIG suite of contracts.
• Must be equipped with the techniques of handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances / conﬂicts and also negotiating with the consultants.
• Ability to provide accurate cost advice and ﬁnancial reporting to the client
• Supervisory skills and Team Leadership qualities to independently lead a multidiscipline team
Job application procedure
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, telephone contact, c-mail address and copies of certiﬁcates and testimonials should be sent to, the Manager, Recruitment, AgaKhan University Hospital, Nairobi. P. O. Box 30270-00100, NAIROBI or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach not later than 28thApril, 2019. Applications by email are preferred.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.