- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Senior Corporate affairs and Public Relations Officer
Jobs at:Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
24th July 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
UEDCL (Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited) is a limited liability company, 100% owned by the Government of Uganda, incorporated in Uganda under the Companies Act. UEDCL owns the 33KV and below voltage electricity distribution networks and all the operational assets associated with the business. These Assets have been leased to private operators (Like UMEME, and WENRECO) for Purposes of attracting Private Capital in the energy Sector.
Additionally, UEDCL directly Supplies power in areas where there are no Private Operators especially in rural and Boarder regions of Uganda, Covering Over 60 Districts across the country. Operates a modern pole plant at Lugogo, and executes key rural electrification schemes on behalf of Government of Uganda.
The Company is seeking to recruit qualified, competent and highly motivated Ugandans
Purpose of the Job:
The Senior Corporate Affairs/Public Relations Officer, will develop, manage and implement an effective Corporate Affairs Strategy for the organization that enhances visibility and benevolence towards the organization and coordination of all its internal and external stakeholders (Publics).
• Construct, strengthen and maintain positive media interactions with all sections of the media so as to enhance goodwill, balanced reporting, and favorable/ positive public and media view of the company.
• Develop, execute and prepare monthly reports on execution of the Corporate Affairs strategies.
• Ensure coherent and dependable communication that depicts the desired company image and position to both internal and external publics.
• The incumbent will also identify and exploit Corporate Affairs/Public Relations opportunities, needs and implement proactive publicity programmes in order to obtain positive/favorable coverage in the media.
• In charge of the company's editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all company publications and adverts to all organization's stakeholders. The jobholder will also be tasked with the management of the maintenance of a high quality, regularly updated and vibrant corporate website plus causing talk ability and traffic on the organization social media forums.
• Design and implement communication sensitization programmes for the company aimed at enhancing the corporate image and visibility.
• Ensure that the company communication outputs are of a high standard and are delivered within the agreed budget and desired timelines.
• Identify, plan and coordinate the implementation of the company Corporate Social Responsibility juxtaposed with positive publicity in print and, social and electronic media.
• Formulate and manage the Public Relations budget for cost control and ensuring value for money.
• Manage Corporate Affairs Department Resources (Staffing, Finances, and equipment), etc
• The incumbent must demonstrate knowledge, command and plan with respect to modern communication technologies and software.
• Must demonstrate knowledge of the organization's key Stakeholders, have a sustainable Management strategy to improve the existing relationships and developing new relationships that have a causal effect on the organization's reputation.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• The prospective employee should hold a Master's Degree in Mass Communication or Journalism, and Public Relations.
• Relevant affiliation to a professional body within or at the international level will be an added advantage.
• At least FIVE years' experience in a similar position in a busy and vibrant organization. Three years' experience in media practice in busy and reputable organizations.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Please Submit SEALED applications (letter, CV, copies of academic/professional certificates and at least three professional references) to: -
NB: ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED OUT OF THIS ADVERT WILL BE CONSIDERED.
DELIVER/POST TO: Head of Human Resource and Administration, Uganda Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd, Plot 37, VEDCL TOWER, 6th floor, P. O. Box 7390, Kampala, Uganda.
For more details, you can visit to our website: http://www.uedcl.co.ug .
Deadline: For receiving applications is Tuesday, 24th July 2019. at 5:00pm.
NB: Any form of Canvassing will lead to disqualification.