- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Deadline of this Job:
21st October 2019
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting nationals and refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community based organizations, the civil society and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, peace building, gender-based violence, economic recovery and agribusiness, and children & youth. https://www.rescue.org/country/uganda. IRC has a country office in Kampala, field offices in Kitgum (and Lamwo), Moroto, West Nile and South West.
IRC is currently looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and self-motivated person to join our team to support the effective delivery of the organization’s mission.
TITLE: Stores Assistant
REPORTS TO: Supply Chain Manager
DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain
DURATION: 2 months
The Stores Assistant is responsible for ensuring the overall care and maintenance of the Palabek Warehouse. S/He must be able to rapidly turn Program materials around, whilst ensuring the security of the materials and maintaining audit-compliant records. .
• Understand, implement and / or maintain standard IRC inventory management policies and procedures.
• Train other warehouse seconded staff as required.
• Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
• Advise supervisor of potential inventory shortage.
• Manage casual laborers in the warehouse.
• Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment.
• Implement and ensure clear safety procedures.
• Implement and ensure clear loading / unloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO/FEFO) procedures.
• Advise the Supply Chain Manager of warehouse-specific issues or improvements
• Maintain the Warehouse activity book recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities.
• Monitor security of IRC’s storage and supplies.
• Receive completed store’s request forms and prepare the goods for issuance.
• Ensure goods, equipment are signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all 2 other items).
• Prepare a monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
• On a monthly basis, work with the Supply Chain Manager to reconcile the Warehouse register in the Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
• Update the stock record cards regularly.
• Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to the Supply Chain Manager in a timely manner.
• Ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and
• business of IRC acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without
• authority, except in the normal execution of duty.
IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way -
Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In
accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary
Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment,
Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
• Bachelor’s degree or diploma (with experience in lieu) in Supply Chain, Procurement, or any other relevant field, with bias to Inventory Management.
• At least 1 years’ experience performing similar duties.
• Knowledge of generic warehouse management systems and forms
• Holder of a valid driving license
• Physically mobile, able to lift 30kg without strain.
• Competent in spoken and written English
• Good mathematical skills.
• Competent use of computer and excellent use spreadsheets (format/sort/filter).
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or diploma
Job Experience Requirements: 1 years’
Job application procedure
Send your cover letter and CV in one pdf attachment to UA-IRCJobs@rescue.org
• Deadline for receiving applications is 21st October, 2019.
• Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
• If you do not follow the above instructions your application will be automatically disqualified.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.