- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Global Health Uganda (GHU)
Deadline of this Job:
Date Posted: 15th May 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Global Health Uganda (GHU) is a registered not for profit, limited liability company with the mission to promote child health by conducting and facilitating quality and relevant research in child health, neurodevelopment and interventions. GHU is inviting applications for a STUDY MANAGER for a five-year multicentre clinical trial of malaria chemoprophylaxis in children with Sickle Cell Anaemia. The study will be conducted in two hospitals in Uganda (Soroti and Jinja) and two in Malawi (Blantyre and Lilongwe). STUDY MANAGER – UGANDA (1 position full time). .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with the Principal Investigator to develop the study tools and
• Oversee the recruitment, treatment and follow up of study participants.
• Ensure study is conducted according to approved protocol.
• Ensure appropriate dosing, dispensing, compliance and documentation of
• study medication.
• Prepare, review and submit adverse and serious adverse event reports to the
• necessary regulatory bodies.
• Assess and ensure participant safety throughout the study.
• Supervise and ensure that research assistants are performing their respective
• Oversee and manage onsite administrative and logistical issues pertaining
• to the study.
The person will be based in Soroti but will oversee the Jinja study site as well.
Skills and Person specifications:
• The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in MBChB.
• Should in addition have a MMED (Peadiatrics), MSC (in e.g. Epidemiology, Clinical trials)
• or MPH.
• Be eligible and should maintain eligibility to practice medicine in Uganda for the duration
• of involvement of the study.
• Should have a valid certificate in Good Clinical Practice and Human Research
• Participants Protection Training.
• Experience in clinical research is an added advantage.
• Should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Candidates who fully meet the above requirements should submit a detailed CV, a TYPED cover letter, all necessary academic documents and the contact details of two work related referees to: The Human Resource Manager, Global Health Uganda, Plot 667 Mawanda Road, first right turn after Mawanda Road Police Station not later than Friday 24th May 2019 at 3:00pm. Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be conducted between 27th May and 7th June 2019 in Kampala. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.