- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Technical Advisor- Climate Smart Agriculture Rural Development Program
Deadline of this Job:
15th September 2019
Date Posted: Monday, September 02, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
As part of the Rural Development Program in Northern Uganda (PRUDEV), the EU commissioned GIZ to support Uganda achieve sustainable development contributing to the sectoral implementation of its Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) under the Paris Agreement through Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA). Thus, the project (ProCSA) contributes to measures and actions to which Uganda committed when it signed “The_ Paris Agreement" in April 2016. The overall objective is to strengthen the rural population of selected districts and sub-counties in northern Uganda against the effects of climate change and support poverty reduction.
The project anticipates three results areas:
Result 1: Enhanced actions of national and local governments and other stakeholders for mainstreaming CSA in local planning processes;
Result 2: Applied CSA practices among smallholder farming communities;
Result 3: Enhanced Awareness and capacities on MRV in the agricultural sector.
GIZ is now recruiting one technical advisor to provide technical guidance and capacity building to six selected districts in Northern Uganda.
Job Title: Technical Advisor- Climate Smart Agriculture Rural Development Program in Northern Uganda (PRUDEV)
Report to: ProCSA Coordinator
Duty Station: Gulu with regular travel amongst the selected districts
Ref. No : GIZ- PRUDEV/TACSA091977 ..
The advisor is responsible for;
• Providing technical advisory services and capacity development support to the counterparts in six districts in Northern Uganda, with a speciﬁc focus on Climate Smart Agriculture measures and techniques and the implementation of Result area 2
• The provision of advisory services and support to the service providers for implementing CSA measures
• Developing and implementing synergies with PRUDEV‘s result Area 2 “improved market integration for small holder farmers" and integration of ProCSA‘s approaches and activities in the overall framework of PRUDEV. in this context the professional advisor performs the following tasks:
Core Scope of tasks
• Advise on the implementation of climate smart agriculture related activities in selected districts in Northern Uganda
• Advice and provide technical backstopping to farming communities on climate smart agriculture production measures
• Assist and monitor the development and implementation of project work plans and activities in close consultation with the respective counterparts and relevant PRUDEV staff
• Contribute to preparing and implementing the joint overarching project activities and work plan
• Provide technical advice in the conceptualisation and implementation of trainings, workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected to implementation of CSA in the selected districts in northern Uganda
• Develop and organise quality assurance measures and suggest necessary changes, improvements and initiatives to the services provider /consultants supporting the implementation of CSA measures on district level.
Networking and cooperation
• Support cooporartion, regular contact and dialogue with partners, and cooperate with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the project environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships
• Facilitate experience-sharing and knowledge exchange between relevant CSA actors on district and regional level.
• Support the development ot ready-to-use technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures on CSA measures and techniques
• Prepare appropriate inputs for venous project reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the programme manager, GIZ Head Office and EU
• Support the development of relevant knowledge products about CSA in close collaboration with the communication and knowledge management advisor.
• Coordinate relevant project activities at local level in consultation with the manager and in cooperation with the partners. This includes preparation, implementation and organisational aspects
• Compile relevant information for joint activities and assignments
• Liaises with the project coordinator to support the overall programme's work;
• Gives strategic input to the overall implementation strategy of the project.
• Masters in agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Rural Development, Environmental Governance or any other relevant field
• At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position in the area of agriculture and climate change or related areas
• ln depth knowledge about Climate Smart Agriculture and related measures and techniques Local or regional work experience in Northern Uganda in the area of climate smart agriculture or related ﬁeld.
Other knowledge, additional competences
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team and independently
• Flexibility and ability to multi-task and work in an international team
• Proﬁciency in English, excellent knowledge of Luo
• Very good knowledge of the Northern region of Uganda Excellent communication skills
• Proven administrative, organisational and management skills
• Attention to detail and diligent and pro-active work approach and method
• Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, tax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Ofﬁce).
Job Education Requirements: Masters
Job application procedure
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by submitting their application and CV along with the contacts of three professional referees to The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd, by email: email@example.com ; quoting the position you are applying for and the reference No. as the subject. Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 15th September 2019.
Please note: This is a national position. Application and CV should be in one document and a maximum of 4 pages only. No other attachments are required at this stage.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We encourage women, people with disabilities and minority groups to apply for this position. GIZ is committed to equal opportunities and diversity of perspective at the working place. Disclaimer: GIZ DOES NOT charge any kind of FEE(s) at whichever stage of the recruitment process. This recruitment is ONLY through Future Options Consulting Ltd.