- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
UPMB Community Health Facilitator (CHF)
Jobs at:Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB)
Deadline of this Job:
15th July 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB), a leading Christian organization coordinating 302 Member Health facilities all over Uganda, is inviting applications for the following position from suitably qualified individuals to work as part of a professional and self-driven team.
Candidates should be people of good reputation and are willing to uphold the ethics and values of UPMB.
To undertake all NCDs Community Health initiatives at UPMB Member health facilities. The job holder will support implementation of activities both at selected districts and at national level..
• Oversee the pre-set-up and the post closure of the health camps, which includes performing an opening/closing inventory of all supplies and equipment and ordering supplies/equipment as needed and approved;
• Assess and assist with the health and hygiene needs of campers;
• Administer medication and treatment to campers throughout their stay at camp;
• Identify pertinent camper medical needs and ensures that this information is communicated with the appropriate camp staff;
• Provide for proper nursing intervention regarding camper illness, condition, or emergency care and makes appropriate referrals and provides for follow up care as warranted;
• Administer immediate first aid to injured parties, performs nursing assessments, implements nursing intervention as guided by nursing judgment;
• Make rounds throughout the camp checking on campers, staff and the health and safety of the camp in general. Report facility and grounds health risk factors;
• Complete and follow up on incident reports;
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Licensed as a registered Clinical officer / Nurse with their relevant professional bodies.
• Public Health Qualification will be added advantage
• At least 3 years of previous experience as a Camp clinical officer /nurse at a special needs camp is preferred;
• Hospital experience preferred; Knowledge of Health camp best practices a plus;
• Previous occupational health and safety experience a plus;
• Adequately aware of policy, legislative, national guidelines and professional requirements to ensure appropriate standards in their area of responsibility.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested persons who wish to apply may e-mail, post or hand-deliver an application letter with a detailed CV naming at least two referees, to:
Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau
Plot 877 Balintuma Road Mengo
P.O. Box 4127, Kampala-Uganda
Deadline for submission is one week after date of publication.