- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Deadline of this Job:
20th February 2019
Date Posted: 11th February 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: Ush
Welthungerhilfe (WHH), founded in 1962, is today one of the biggest Non- Governmental Aid and development agencies in Germany. We campaign against worldwide hunger and for sustainable food and nutrition security by promoting site-appropriate farming, establishing access to clean water, sanitation and hygiene, improving healthcare and education for people living in rural areas as well as promoting skills development for youth. In Uganda, Welthungerhilfe currently is operating in the districts of Moroto, Yumbe, Katakwi, Arua, and Fort Portal with its Country Office in Kampala. Welthungerhilfe in Arua received funds from BMZ to work with Partner Organization CEFORD and PALM Corps on the project called “Step up”. Welthungerhilfe is therefore looking for self-motivated and enthusiastic persons to fill the below: Note all positions run for one year with a possibility of renewal based on performance.
Position: Veterinary Officer
Reports to: Program Manager
• Train the partner on livestock heath and management
• Oversee and support the partners on and animal traction.
• Support the partners establish and build the community structures that will handle aspects on animal health and animal traction skills. Such as the Community Based Health Animal Workers, Animal traction leaders.
• Liaise with the district Veterinary Officer of Arua district to ensure effective training for the partners and maintaining quality standards in livestock management including participating in any livestock development meetings
• Advice and report to the project Manager any upcoming issues on Livestock
Key qualifications and competencies
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Medicine from a reputable institution
• At least three years’ experience of working with the community on livestock management with an international NGO or reputable local organization.
• Valid motorcycle riding permit
• Basic computer skills is a must
• Able to ride long distances and where necessary willing to reside in a remote setting in the Rhino camp, and Adjumani
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Respond to emergencies and animal health issues as and when called by the farmers.
Job application procedure
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their applications with a detailed CV contact detail including telephone numbers of reference persons (max. 3 pages) and a one-page motivation letter by hand to Welthungerhilfe arua office not later than February 20, 2019 at 05:00pm. Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.