- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Deadline of this Job:
22nd November 2019
Date Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
WaterAid Uganda is an International NGO specializing in water, sanitation and hygiene and it envisions a world where everyone, everywhere has access to safe water, sanitation and good hygiene. WaterAid Uganda is now recruiting a suitably qualified candidate of impeccable below.
Position: WASH Specialist
Reports to: Country Director
The Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) strategically focused WASH technical leadership to the country programme. He/She will provide strategic technical input into the core work of the country programme, support government and donor engagements, programme design, partner programmes. The WASH Specialist will support related networks and partnerships, liaise collaboratively with the regional and global teams particularly the Programme Support Unit as well as the Policy and Campaigns department..
• Provide technical advice on sustainable and through a system strengthening approach, ensuring that WaterAid's interventions are relevant, ettective, and add value.
• Leadership on ensuring that the technical quality of our programmes is high and consistent with programme frameworks and quality standards.
• Targeted support to WaterAid's own project teams as well as to key partners to ensure quality implementation, learning and adaptation as influencing of practice and policy beyond WaterAid, working with sector actors, providing specialist knowledge to donors and engaging
• Support donor and other sector engagements WASH sector strengthening programmes, from across WaterAid.
• Provide oversite in the development of impacttul ensuring these meet our organization goals and standards and align with the country strategy and building on work already underway.
• Provide technical advice on integration of WASH and key targeted areas of development (including Big water, Climate Change, Health, education, Nutrition, Agriculture, Energy. Mining, Water Resource Management and others) as strategically required
• Represent WaterAid in strategic collaborations to further develop WASH and to ensure WaterAid is benefitting from knowledge shared by other organisations
• Support the Country Programme in identifying specific areas of sector strengthening support required to remove sector blockages and improve WASH delivery at national and local levels.
• Provide advice on and develop relevant country level standards on the effective implementation oi water and sanitation facilities and processes to deliver clean water, digniiying sanitation and good hygiene that meets the WaterAid’s quality standards.
• Provide the team with relevant WASH technical advice on the design of national campaigns
• Work in close collaboration with others to assess institutional capacity of relevant ministries and national departments, districts, national utility, service providers and community actors to deliver water, sanitation and hygiene services and lead as needed on the design of participatory action plans to strengthen capacity oi these institutions to deliver on their mandates.
• Support teams working with partners to build ownership and accountability for programmes in line with the programme quality standards outlined in the WaterAid programme accountability framework and make suggestions for improvements where gaps exist.
• Facilitate feasibility studies and design of technology and management models.
Qualifications Skills and Competencies
• Bachelors Degree in an Engineering Field relevant to technical the WASH discipline such as Civil Engineering, Water / Waste Engineering, Public Health Engineering.
• Extensive experience across all sub-disciplines in WASH
• Extensive experience in development programme management (at a senior level)
• Demonstrated ability to undertake and direct high quality rural / urban water and sanitation programmes
• Solid track record of working with government institutions to inﬂuence and direct policy / practice reform agendas
• Detailed understanding of WASH technical and management issues including water security and broader development and poverty reduction themes
• Experience of conducting formative research and feasibility studies using the findings to make programme decisions and deliver appropriate design options.
• Proven experience of building capacity of staff and partner organizations especially CSO’s and government
• Track record of developing strategic & operational plans
• Planning, organizing skills and the ability to prioritise
• Strong communication skills and ability to effectively convey information and ideas verbally and in writing
• Experience of leading, managing, motivating others and driving change
• Commitment to WaterAid‘s values (Respect. Accountability, Courage, Collaboration, innovation and Integrity) and a working style that reflects Organisational strategic shifts (Thinking big, conironting reality and acting fast)
• Work experience embedding sustainability, equity and inclusion
• Existing links and network within the WASH sector
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified