- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Youth Engagement Officer
Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Deadline of this Job:
18th January 2019
Date Posted: 11th January 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: Ush
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish international aid organization. We operate in 14 countries, where the needs are dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions. Our work is based on rights, which means that our operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility. FCA has received funds from Education Cannot Wait, European Union, UNHCR and UNICEF to implement projects in Bidibidi, Rwamwanja and Kyaka ll Refugee Settlements. FCA is now looking for competent persons to ﬁll vacant multiple positions below.
Reports to: Project Manager
Primary Purpose: The Youth Engagement Ofﬁcer will provide the technical backstopping to the youth. The incumbent will take full responsibility of capacity-' building of youth throughout the project by offering oversight to the delivery of the Peer Educator model.
Main Duties and Tasks:
• Oversee the recruitment and selection process tor youth which involves developing selection criteria and materials, advertising in the target communities and management of youth agreement of responsibilities through formal MOUs
• Work closely with other Dynamic team members to organize foundation and top up trainings for youth ,
• Manage youth outputs through monthly work plans, regular support, supervision and mentorship visits
• Support the youth led market research to inform program design, implementation and advocacy
• Ensure achievements and best practices are documented and shared for programme teaming and improvement
• Support the establishment and maintenance of relationships with target communities, and local government.
• Ensure information on government programs is shared with youth
• Ensure opportunities are created for youth and policy-makers to dialogue and make joint decisions.
• Degrees in Youth and Development work, Development studies, Social Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration or other relevant field
• A minimum of three years’ experience designing and delivering youth engagement programmes ,
• Broad knowledge and understanding of contemporary development issues particularly those related to economic opportunities for youth
• The applicant should possess a valid riding permit (Class A)
Job application procedure
All suitably qualiﬁed and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed application letter and resume to: email@example.com stating the vacancy job title in the subject line. Alternatively, "applications can be hand delivered at FCA Kampala office using the address below. Ensure to indicate the job applied tor on the left hand comer of the envelope. Please do not attach academic papers it you send by email.
Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Plot 1495, Roche Close – Muyenga, Off Tank Hill Road
P.O Box 21826, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline for receiving applications is 18th January 2019
FCA will only contact short- listed applicants.