BERNARD RWEISHAZA KATSIRABO
- O Box 24975, Kampala-Uganda
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Telephone: +256 782162257 / +256 701244598 | Skype: katsirabo
An accountant with over eight years’ work experience and excellent communication skills both orally and verbally. I am a self-motivated individual, flexible, always focused and maintain a calm and professional demeanor, even when working under pressure. I have managed donor funded projects by USAID/PEPFAR, DFID, Master Card Foundation and GIZ through compliance checks and budget monitoring. In my current role, I am responsible for managing budgets, cash flow and providing analysis of financial data through handling the Organization’s internal audits. To succeed in this role, I have exhibited a high sense of ethical standards, honesty and technical skills in QuickBooks and Tally ERP. I am now looking to further my knowledge and take on new responsibilities and challenges. I am confident that with my skills and experience, I would make an excellent member of your team. I am dedicated and keen to learn new skills to improve any experience for the benefit of me and the Organization that I work for.
SKILLS AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCES.
- Proficient in Tally ERP Version, QuickBooks and Field Connect computerized accounting Packages and Microsoft Office Applications that is; Word, Excel, Access, outlook and PowerPoint
- Fast learner, eager and willing to learn.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- Strong analytical Skills
- Excellent team player.
- High organization skills
- High level of integrity and Professionalism.
- Driving & ridding Skills with Class B Permit.
February 2016 to date
Finance Officer, Mercy Corps Uganda Job Location: Gulu field office, Uganda
I am responsible for the day to day management of the financial transactions and procedures by administering account operations meet donor requirements. My duties are to keep accurate records for all daily transactions, Receiving and reviewing monthly approved time sheets of staff and send them to Kampala, review Payment Requests in accordance with Mercy Corps approval authority Matrix and running budgets, record accounts payable and accounts receivable as well as update internal systems with financial data, carrying out regular Cash counts. I have achieved the following in this role;
- I have taken lead in the implementation of non-cash payment policy through use of Mobile money and Agent Banking. This has reduced on the risks associated with carrying cash to beneficiaries or vendors as well as reduced fraud in implementation of the project.
- I have tracked the cash advances which has reduced on the aging of overdue advances.
- Maintained accurate invoice summary and collection records hence reduced processing time of invoices from 15 to 5 days. As a result, this has enhanced the monitoring of billing and cash inflows as well as created trust between Vendors and the Organization.
- Carry out capacity building of team members by training New hires and None Finance team members on Finance policies of the Organization and right codes to use as per Mercy Corps Charts of Accounts.
- Participate in regular budget and growth strategy meetings in a bid to determine which tasks are prioritized on a daily basis as well as have a deep understanding of the organization’s financial health.
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations and internal controls by ensuring that transactions are processed and assets managed in accordance with organizational rules and regulations. This is in addition to ensuring financial records are kept up to date with the latest transactions and changes.
- Provided timely monthly and end of year reports, reconciliations of Balance Sheet items
- Support the office on audit, financial risk management and fraud prevention issues as well as provide training and advice on HR, financial and administrative issues.
- Provided an up to date filing system for archiving of documents on google drive as opposed to hard copy which has reduced on the cost of office stationery and toner.
- Carried out monthly reviews of budget and actual (BVAs) to ensure correct budget lines were spent in a period. This helps in identifying Variances between the budgeted and actual expenditures.
January 2012 - February 2016
Accountant/Administration Officer, Concord International Travel Bureau Ltd Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
In this role, I was responsible for providing accurate quantitative information on the financial position of the company, liquidity and cash flows as a way of managing all financial transactions. My duties were, but not limited to, auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements as well as calculating tax returns.
- Introduced accounting and operations manual which helped to streamline the company’s operations and efficiency and helped in the reduction of company’s operational costs by 10 percent.
- Filed tax returns in compliance with statutory bodies which reduced unnecessary fines which were resulting from non-compliance as well as reduced tax burden of the Company.
- Lobbied for the Tracking of Vehicles which contributed towards the reduction in unnecessary use of Vehicles reduced on the Vehicles related expenses (Fuel).
- Maintained Staff leave Data Base which helped in tracking of staff leave days there by creating time for staff to be on leave as well as helped the leave planner to have Staff members from forfeiting their leave days.
- Provided monthly forecasts to ensure cash flows are adequate for the company which lead to timely processing of monthly payroll and other routine office expenses.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential and private. This has helped to increase trust of both company and clients.
- Examine payment requests and other Financial transactions for approval and ensure there are adequate supporting documentation in addition to preparing and submitting periodic financial reports, in line with statutory requirement to the Finance Manager.
- Provide and account for general administrative and logistical support to staff and relevant stakeholders in accordance with Company’s policies, procedures and best practice as well as prepare and attend to the needs of internal and external auditors.
- Maintained an up to date asset register which helped in tracking of company assets.
- Assess financial management gaps and capacity building of partners and staff in financial management by ensuring that good accounting systems are established.
September 2009 - January 2012
Accountant, Industrial Graphics (U) Ltd Job Location: Entebbe, Uganda
During my tenure here, I carried out journal entries and financial reports, analyzed actual financial data, learnt more about book keeping software as well as provided financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data.
- Prepared reports, participated in banking and audit preparations, handled petty cash, staff salaries (Payroll) and staff lunch as well as bank reconciliations which helped in monitoring Company’s bank balances.
- Prepared asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Recommended financial actions by analyzing accounting options and substantiated financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Summarized current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Maintained accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guided accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions as well as reconciling financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secured financial information by completing database backups and maintained financial security by following internal controls.
January 2008 - August 2009
Audit Assistant-Trainee, Afri-Asia Enterprises (U) Ltd Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
During my tenure here, I assisted in protecting company assets by ensuring compliance with internal control procedures and regulations. My duties were to appraise inadequacy, maintain internal controls, as well as communicate audit findings.
- Assisted in analyzing, evaluating, developing and implementing new control systems that optimized operations and utilize new technologies.
- Participated in recording, reviewing and interpreting/analyzing data to determine the effectiveness of operations in addition to researching discrepancies, operational problems, investigate erroneous/invalid entries or any other issues.
- Brought company strengths and weaknesses to the forefront of management.
- Generated reports and presented findings to my supervisor and other interest parties in addition to handling additional duties as, and when need arose.
- Strengthened the company’s Internal controls through segregation of duties reduced on the risks of theft of company stock.
2013 to date
Level 11 CPA (U)
Institute of Certified Public Accountant (ICPAU)
2004 – 2007
Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance
2002 – 2003
Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education
St. Josephs’ Voc. School - Mbarara
1997 – 2001
Uganda Certificate of Education
St. Mary’s Voc. School – Kyamuhunga
English, (Fluently written and spoken)
Local Languages; Runyakitara, Rutoro and Luganda (Fluently Spoken and written)
- Bryan Mukago
Senior Finance Officer
Mercy Corps Uganda
+256774 263 302
- Joel Kule Mutahinga
Concord International Travel Bureau Ltd
- Ernest Kakwano
Industrial Graphics Ltd-Entebbe
I Bernard Rweishaza Katsirabo, certify that to the best of my knowledge and belief, this data correctly describes me, my qualifications, and my experience.