- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
1961 Issuance Assistant
Jobs at:National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Deadline of this Job:
23 March 2020
Date Posted: Monday, March 16, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established by the Registration of Persons Act (ROPA), 2015 and is mandated to establish and maintain the National Identification Register (NIR). The Authority is also charged with among other things; the registration of citizens and legally resident aliens; assigning National Identification / Alien Identification Numbers (NINs/AINS) to qualifying persons and issuing Identification Cards to those 16 years and above; registration of births, deaths and adoption orders and issuance of the relevant certificates.
In order to better service delivery to the public, the Authority plans a national exercise at sub-county level to issue out all unissued National ID cards for Ugandans who registered but have not yet picked their NID cards.
The exercise shall be conducted across all sub-counties, town councils and divisions in the country to bring services closer to the public.
In order to support the above exercise, NIRA wishes to engage temporary Issuance Assistants as per the details below:
Position: Issuance Assistant
Number of vacancies: 1,961 Duration
Not more than 20 days
Brief Role Profile:
• Issue National ID Cards to registered citizens following due process;
• Detect errors on NID Cards and follow due process to submit them for correction;
• Record Cards issued and submit the statistics/reports on a daily basis;
• Ensure safe custody of unissued cards and issuance equipment.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Minimum Qualification - a Diploma from a recognized institution of higher learning;
• Recent experience in a similar activity and in particular, in operating registration and/or issuance equipment;
• IT Literacy (Computer skills;
• Good communication and customer care skills
• Must be a resident in the Sub-county in which one is applying to work.
• An active bank account, Tax Identification Number (TIN) and registered Mobile Number are a MUST.
• Possession of a National ID is a MUST.
Job Education: Diploma
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Application, CV and support documents should be addressed and delivered to the District Registration Officer of the respective NIRA District/Division Offices across the country during official working hours and should indicate the sub-county where they are applying to work. Deadline: 5.00pm on Friday, 23th March 2020
ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
NIRA (HEADQUARTERS) Kololo Independence Grounds,
P. O. Box 26529, Kampala-Uganda
Tel (Reception): +256 312119600
For Inquiries on National Identification Registration
Call: +256 312119631/+256 312119639
For Inquiries on Birth, Death and Adoption Order Registration,
Call: +256 312119601
For Inquiries on Public Relations
Call: +256 312119605
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.