2 Power System Controllers
Jobs at:Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (Uetcl)
Deadline of this Job:
07 July 2023
Date Posted: Friday, June 23, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Provide real-time supervision of power system operations with a focus on generation resources optimization, grid reliability, outage management, quality of supply and safety.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Supervise of real time demand and supply balance (system frequency kept within +/-1% of nominal).
• Maintain system voltages within +/-10% of nominal.
• Implement planned outages and manage forced outages, including operational safety.
• Compile outages statistics.
• Ensure optimal dispatch of available generation from cascaded hydro-power plants.
THE PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
The desired person should have the following essential requirements.
• A diploma in electrical engineering or related field from a recognised institution.
• At least 2 years of experience in power systems control and operations.
• Knowledge on the use of SCADA systems in power system operations is an added advantage
• Communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Team player
• Customer relations skills
• Computer skills
• Analytical skills.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AND REMUNERATION
The holder of this position will be offered a contract subject to the Ministry of Public Service Guidelines on the rationalization Exercise of Government Institutions.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
If your qualifications and experience match the requirements for any of the roles, please complete and submit your application via the following link: Application Form for UETCL Staff Recruitment. All applications must be submitted via the online application form at the link above.
Closing date for receipt of applications will be July 7, 2023.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact the Executive Selection Division (ESD), KPMG on +256 312 170080 or +256 312 170081 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.