2 Data Entry Clerks
Jobs at:Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB)
Deadline of this Job:
23 January 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) is one of the national Assessment Boards in Uganda. This is a professional Examinations Board with the mandate to streamline, regulate, coordinate and conduct credible examinations and award Certificates and Diplomas in the Business, Technical and Vocational professions. The Board therefore conducts Business, Technical and Vocational examinations, including Applied Science specialties such as Biological Sciences (Agricultural, Fisheries, Wildlife, Forestry, Bee keeping and other related fields), Physical Sciences (Meteorology, Surveys and Land Management, and other related fields), Cooperative, Social Development, Hotel, Catering and Tourism. UBTEB is committed to conduct quality applied knowledge and skills Examinations with an ultimate goal of enabling the students to access further upward academic progressions and employment in the world of work. The Board emphasizes Integrity and transparency, Valid and Reliable Assessment, Commitment and Teamwork, Security and confidentiality, and Professionalism as the key guiding principles for building a strong organization.
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) now invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant posts in its establishment under the Directorates of Examinations Management and that of Finance, Human Resource and Administration. All applicants should be computer literate. The Board offers an attractive salary and benefit package to these positions.
Job Title: Data Entry Clerks (2 Posts)
Ref No: UBTEB/HRM/016/01/2021
Salary Scale: BTEB 7
Reports to: Assessment Officer
Department: Vocational Education
Provide support in Vocational Education Department. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist at Item writing process and moderation through retrieval of copies of curricula; and compilation of lists for old past papers and their examiners;
• Record all the test items developed and/or moderated;
• Participate in the writing of envelopes;
• Print and photocopy examination papers;
• Assist on the key activities in the printing of examinations like verification of number of examination papers to be packed, folding and stitching, Enveloping, bagging, dropping and loading of examinations material on trucks;
• Assist in the field conduct of examinations through preparation and issuing of appointment letters for examination managers and other examination related materials (timetables, albums, registers, keys) and receiving of field reports;
• Receive, record and capture course work, Industrial Training and Real Projects marks;
• Verification of candidates’ documents, load and save candidate photos and Bio-data from CDs;
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications and Working Experience
• A minimum of a Diploma in Vocational Education fields from a recognised institution;
• A minimum of one (1) year relevant working experience in the world of work.
• 20 – 40 years of age at entry.
Job Education Requirements: Diploma
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Three sets of handwritten applications with detailed CVs and photocopies of Academic Certificates, Testimonials, Transcripts and/or Result slips; Three (3) most recent and clear passport size photographs, Names and addresses of two referees, A letter of recommendation from the current or most recent employer, telephone contacts and emails of both the applicant and the referees; should be submitted in sealed envelopes and hand delivered not later than 23rd January, 2021 at 5.00p.m to the address indicated below. The Job title and Reference Number should be clearly written on the top left corner of the envelope. Applications should be addressed to; The Executive Secretary, Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board; Plot 7 Valley Drive, Ntinda; P. O. Box 1499; Kampala – Uganda. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.