2 Health Informatics/Data Interns
Jobs at:John Snow, Inc. (JSI)
Deadline of this Job:
22 February 2021
Date Posted: Monday, February 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Usaid Regional Health Integration To Enhance Services –N, Lango
Advertisement – Internship Positions BATCH 4 ROUND 2
Available Internship Position- (Medical Clinical Officers, Laboratory Technicians, Laboratory Assistants, Enrolled Comprehensive Nurse, Enrolled Midwives, Nutrition interns, Family Planning Interns, Child Health Interns)
The Regional Health integration to Enhance Services (RHITES)-North, Lango project is a Five-year contract funded by USAID and implemented by a Team of partners with JSI as the prime. The JSI team includes, Doctors with Africa CUAMM, AMREF Health Africa, Another Option, and The Medical Concierge Group (TMCG). RHITES-N, Lango is aimed at improving the use of integrated health services in the Lango Sub-region of Northern Uganda’s, strengthening the health system to sustain gains made by earlier projects, improving key population-based national health indicators and building the capacity of the district local government to carry out a sustainable and locally-driven response to the HIV epidemic, while also improving TB, Malaria, Nutrition, Maternal, Neonatal, Child and Adolescent health (MNCAH), and water sanitation and hygiene (WASH) outcomes through strengthening of existing structures and processes, improving access to and strategic use of health and nutrition information, strengthening community-health facility systems and expanding innovation through integrated health and nutrition services. Improved health services utilization at all levels of the health care system requires strong intrafacility, inter-facility and bi-directional community-facility linkages and referrals for demand creation.
USAID-RHITES-N, L Project offers internship in an effort to provide current university students, recent graduates and new professionals, from various academic fields, the opportunity to apply their knowledge to actual work experience. USAID RHITES-N, Lango Project strongly believe that Internship is an important tool in developing and retaining new and innovative talents to assist us in our continuous goal of improving health systems to empower communities. Interns will be provided with clearly defined roles and scopes of work and will be supervised by USAID RHITES-N, L staff members, health facility In-charges or in the case of external placements, a suitable member of the staff within the organization in which the intern is assigned. Supervisors of interns will be responsible for monitoring the progress of their assigned intern(s) to ensure effective learning and a positive experience for internship participants. The RHITES-N Lango youth internship program will offer internship opportunities in public/private health facilities and with CSOs implementing public health programs within Lango sub-region.
These opportunities will:
1. To enhance youth professional development and employability by creating linkages between education, training, and work and thus contributing to an improved number of human resources for health, particularly in hard-to-reach areas;
2. To provide hands-on experience to build upon skills learned in school;
3. To fulfil academic or professional registration requirements, as necessary;
4. To instill a culture of high quality life-long learning, research, positive work habits and attitudes;
5. To establish a supply mechanism of skilled staff to the public and private health sector services and programs. .
Position: Health Informatics/Data Interns
Duty Station: Any health facilities in Lango sub region
Supervision Line: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer and Facility Records Officer
Duration: 6 months (Fixed) with no Extension
Available Number: 2
Summary of Internship Scope of Work:
• Data Entry including mentoring and coaching health facility staff to enter data
• Data verification
• HMIS register update at health facility sites
• Mentorship of health facility staff to analyze and use data
• Assist RNL M&E to organize and summarize data for analysis
Internship Learning Objectives, Roles and Responsibilities:
During the course of the placement, the intern will work with their mentors/supervisors and other members of the organization to gain experience and knowledge in the following professional roles and responsibilities:
• Understanding the standard operating procedures (SOPs) provided by the MOH for all data management processes.
• Understanding and managing the processes for timely and complete documentation at the facility including in the HMIS including register updates with no duplicates.
• How to manage the timely data entry of patient data into the Uganda EMR and the performance of regular database backup.
• Organization and tracking of patients’ files and registers that are used for data record and entry
• Understanding policies for data management, especially the confidentiality of data that is collected and stored.
• How to manage the timely submission of facility reports?
• Analyzing and utilizing of data to improve patient management and service delivery.
• Other areas of development as may be prescribed from time to time.
Required Experience & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Medical records or related field.
• Must have graduated within the previous 24 months. No candidates over 24 months’ post-graduation are eligible for the internship program.
• Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills.
• MUST be a resident from any districts in Lango sub region.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
• Ability to work independently and display initiative.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor's
Job Experience Requirements: None
Job application procedure
Address Application Letter and CV to the Internship Coordinator USAID RHITES-N Lango, with the subject – “Applications USAID-RHITES-N L Internship Position batch 4 round 2 February 2021”. Application should be submitted in hard copy and must contain only 2 documents within 1 envelope (Application letter and your CV) and hand delivered to the USAID RHITES-N Lango Offices directly in Citadel Towers, 2nd floor of the building with security officer at office entrance. Mark on the envelop the Internship position applied for with either Internship-Clinical Officer February 2021 or Internship- Laboratory Assistant Etc. Deadline for receiving application is February 22nd 2021
Those who have already benefitted from the RHITES NORTH LANGO internship program should not apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.