2 Hub Sample Transporters
Deadline of this Job:
April 5, 2019
Date Posted: 25th March 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full_Time , Currency: UGX , Value: 1000000 , Minimum: 700000 , Maximum: 3000000 , Period: MONTH
The USAID funded Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services- North, Lango Project (RHITES-N, Lango) is operating in the nine districts of the Lango sub-region of northern Uganda (Alebtong, Amolatar, Apac, Dokolo, Kole, Kwania, Lira, Otuke and Oyam). RHITES-N, Lango will increase the effective use of sustainable health services in the region. The Project is led by John Snow, Inc. in partnership with African Medical and Research Foundation (Amref), Doctors with Africa (CUAMM), The Medical Concierge Group (TMCG) and another Option. The project will contribute to measurable improvements in key Ugandan national health indicators (HIV; tuberculosis [TB]; malaria, maternal, newborn, and child health [MNCH]; family planning [FP]; water, sanitation, and hygiene [WASH]; and nutrition).
The USAID RHITES N, Lango Project, in partnership with Ministry of Health, Lira Regional Referral Hospital (LRRH) wishes to re-advertise for the following positions that were run in the New Vision Newspaper of March 11, 2019. USAID RHITES-N, Lango will facilitate the recruitment of qualified Ugandans on behalf of Lira RRH. The hospital is a 400 bed hospital situated in Lira Municipality in Lira town with a catchment population of about 2.3 million people. It is a referral facility offering both specialized and general services.
Job Title: Hub Sample Transporter (2) U8
Report to: Project Coordinator
Location: LRRH .
Duties and responsibilities:
• Follow daily and weekly schedule of visits to the hospital, health centers, and post office
• Ensure timely collection of samples from the facilities to the Hub Laboratory and delivery of samples for reference laboratories to post office.
• Ensure timely picking of results from Posta delivery to respective facilities.
• Ensure good condition of all equipment under his custody, including bike maintenance, safety gear, carrying box and bag
• Maintain comprehensive records of the following: samples collected, results picked and delivered, bike maintenance/repairs and daily movements made.
• Work with the hub coordinator and DLFPs to ensure timely distribution of EQA samples.
• Ensure timely communication with hub coordinator in case of inability to move to the lower facilities.
• Prepare and submit reports to the hub coordinator.
Qualifications, skills and experience
• Should have a minimum of Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE)
• Valid driving permit
• Trained in Biosafety and Biosecurity
• Minimum of 2 years work experience with the hub system
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements, should send their applications and CV addressed to the
Human Resource Office,
Lira Regional Referral Hospital
P.O Box 2, Lira, Uganda or have it hand delivered to the hospital not later than April 5, 2019.
The current job holders are encouraged to apply. Applicants whose qualifications have not changed in the advert do not need to re-apply.
The above positions are contract jobs and will be remunerated according to the Government of Uganda pay scales.