- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
2 Livestock Technician
Jobs at:Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries
Deadline of this Job:
06 May 2020
Date Posted: Monday, April 06, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
National Animal Genetics Resources Centre and Data Bank, a body corporate under the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries its mandate is to take a leading role in establishing a comprehensive National Animal Breeding Programme in Uganda, wishes to recruit the following:
16. JOB TITLE Livestock Technician
No. of Vacancy 02
Reporting to Sire Stud Manager
Overall Job Purpose
To prepare and report on results of animal tests and other information on animal genetics and quality of animal breeding endeavors in either a natural or controlled environment .
• Collects and tests semen and other samples to establish its genotype, quality and viability for reproductive and breeding initiatives.
• Collects natural and exotic genetic animal resources for storage or conservation as found appropriate.
• Implements Al measures and assists in the execution of other animal natural or assisted breeding techniques or technologies
• Records data on animal management and associated reproductive and breeding activity.
• Observes animal hygiene, health, diet (including special diets, pregnancy diagnosis as may be necessary) and behavior to establish appropriate care, reproductive, breeding and treatment regimes.
• Supervises the cleaning and sterilization of the animal testing environment for reproduction and breeding where deployed.
• Undertakes any other official duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Should have at least a Diploma in Animal and Veterinary Sciences.
• Should have a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least 3 credits in sciences with a combination of Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Agriculture or equivalent qualification.
• Should have basic knowledge of reproductive biology, animal breeding and behavior.
• Working experience of at least three (3) years in an organization related with animal breeding.
Job Commitment Starting date
Immediately Duration of commitment 3 years Contract
Salary Expectation Attractive
Age Limit 25-55 Years
Job Education: Diploma in Animal and Veterinary Sciences
Job Experience: three (3) years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Closing date 6 May, 2020
All CV, applications and testimonials (including 3 work references) should be sent to:
The Executive Director
National Animal Genetic Resources Centre & Data Bank,
P.O. Box 183 Nsamizi Road, Entebbe
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Dr. Charles Lagu, PhD
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.