2 Operational Risk Officers
Jobs at:dfcu Bank
Deadline of this Job:
15 April 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: 2 Operational Risk Officers
dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit for the position of Operational Risk Officer in our Risk Domain to support our expansion strategy.
REPORTING TO: Operational Risk Manager (Supervisory) .
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Operational Risk Manager (Supervisory), the role holder will be responsible for supporting the effective functioning of the Operational Risk Management Assurance Framework (ORMAF) within the businesses by executing, and maintaining programs and activities related to management of critical operational risks and guiding staff on Operational Risk Management for sustainable value addition to the Bank and its shareholders.
LOCATION: Eastern and Western Regions respectively
• Promote a strong operational risk management and compliance culture among all staff through training.
• Through the Operational Risk Managers, advise the Business on operational risk issues. In liaison with the Risk champions at the first line of defence, provide strong governance oversight to ensure that the Business is suitably addressing significant external and internal requirements.
• Follow up and ensure that all Internal/External Audit and BOU inspection findings have been fully resolved and that no repeat findings arise in subsequent audits.
• Conduct periodic risk based Function/Business Unit/Branch reviews to monitor how effective their risk management practices are and recommend for remedial actions where there are control weaknesses as part of the assurance initiatives.
• Check branches for compliance with the Bank’s Business Continuity Management program.
• Promote the use of self assessments and participate in timely and quality review of these to improve risk identification.
• Work with process owners within business functions critical to day to day operations to document key processes and quickly recognize controls for the gaps.
• Support the risk managers to develop and improve risk assessment and measurement techniques and tools, including use of Key Control Self-Assessments (KCSA), team sessions, or other methods of improving overall quality of Operational Risk reporting and accuracy.
• Support the use of tools within the Risk Management team to maintain and improve the accuracy of risk information and efficiency of the team including maintaining the risk register and periodic reporting of the status of tracked risks.
• Prepare, update, and circulate key control responsibilities and checks for each job holder across the branch network to achieve conformity with operating guidelines.
• Promote a no surprise environment by performing snap checks on branch cash, targeted controls, etc.
• Perform testing on identified operational risk controls to ensure they have adequate governance, evidence of execution and appropriate monitoring and execution.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Degree level education preferably in a business-related field.
• At least 4 years’ experience in banking operations.
• Good knowledge and understanding of banking operations, processes, and regulatory requirements.
• Ability to deal with problems which have a variety of possible solutions; strong problem-solving abilities.
• Intermediate interpersonal communication skills to explain bank policies and procedures.
• Make decisions of an operational nature. Good analytical skills; quantitative, qualitative and, independently.
• Ability to interpret workflows and operational procedures thus detail oriented.
• General knowledge of risks related to businesses and the industry.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of banking operations, processes, and regulatory requirements.
• Interpersonal communication skills to explain bank policies and procedures.
• Ability to easily adapt to changes in regulatory requirements, bank processes and procedures.
• Ability to formulate training materials and conduct training sessions for branches on controls and Operational Risk management.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Thursday 15th April 2021 to the email address indicated below:
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.