- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
2 Project Technical Managers (Civil Engineers)
Jobs at:Ministry Of Education And Sports
Deadline of this Job:
15 July 2020
Date Posted: Monday, June 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ministry Of Education And Sports Vacancy Notice Under The Projects Coordination Unit For Isdb, Ofid & Arab-Funded Projects Introduction The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID), Saudi Fund for Development (SFD), Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa (BADEA) and Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development (KFAED), have since 2010, financed separate development projects under the Business, Technical and Vocational Education and Training (BTVET) sub-sector. The Ministry of Education and Sports (MOES) is the Executing Agency for these projects, supported by a joint Projects Coordination Unit (PCU). Applications are hereby invited from eligible, suitably qualified and experienced Ugandans for the following vacant positions under the PCU: (1) Project Technical Manager (Civil Engineer-2); (2) TVET M&E Specialist .
The main responsibilities and duties of the PTM (CE-2) will be:
• To provide project management for the procurement and execution of civil works, consultancy services and training supplies on assigned projects (starting with the upcoming Islamic Development Bank financed BTVET Support
• execution of civil works, consultancy services and training supplies on assigned projects (starting with the upcoming Islamic Development Bank financed BTVET Support Project), as well as civil engineering design and related technical guidance on all projects under the unit.
• To handle the technical coordination of specific assignments on behalf of the PCU, including preparation of periodic work plans, activity budgets, correspondence and quality assurance, as well as related liaison with the Ministry's Construction Management Unit.
• To verify relevant payment certificates for works, services and training supplies, including interim/final accounts, and recommend to the Ministry/Development Partners for payment.
• To participate in preparation of the guidelines and beneficiary training in operation and maintenance of the completed facilities and equipment provided under the projects.
• To support preparation of the terms of reference for planned studies and consultancies under the specific assigned projects (short and long term), as well as overseeing their implementation.
• To support preparation of required quarterly and other project progress reports.
• To attend and actively participate in the regularly scheduled meetings of the Project Management Team and Project Technical Sub-Committee.
• To actively participate during the periodic Development Partner missions to Uganda. To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Projects Coordinator or Team Leader.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Interested candidates should have the following qualifications, experience and competencies:
• Honors Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering.
• Minimum of a Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management or Construction Management, or Engineering.
• Professional registration with the Engineers' Registration Board (ERB).
• Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant work experience
• in the construction industry, including a considerable component of technical designs, site supervision and cost appraisals
• Minimum of eight (8) years' experience with the project management and procurement procedures of similar international funding agencies, including construction and appropriate equipping of modern multi-storeyed office buildings
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
The remuneration/benefits to be offered in line with the approved structure of the PCU are reasonable and competitive
Applications Procedure Interested persons who meet the above mentioned criteria should prepare 3 copies of their application submissions in sealed envelopes addressed to the Commissioner hereunder (including cover letter, detailed CV with three references, plus copies of their academic certificates and relevant documents). The envelopes should be marked as follows: 'APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF
Only short-listed applicants shall be contacted for the interview and final selection process.
The Commissioner, Human Resource Management
Ministry of Education and Sports,
Floor 4 Room 4.10, Embassy House,
King George VI Way,
P.O. Box 7063, Kampala, UGANDA
Alex Kakooza PERMANENT SECRETARY
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.