- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Finance and Administration Officer
Jobs at:TPO Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
21 February 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TPO Uganda is a local Ugandan NGO that has been operating in the country for 25 years. Our programs comprise interventions organised around the following themes; Care and protection of OVC; child protection, livelihoods support, mental health and psychosocial support, response and prevention of all forms of violence against women and children as well as emergency response and humanitarian action. TPO Uganda is active in 33 districts in the region and is a member of several partnerships and coordination mechanisms in the country.
TPO Uganda is now seeking applications for the following positions;
Reporting to: Deputy Finance Manager
Location: Northern and West Nile regions
The Finance and Administrative Officer will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient administrative support is provided to staff in the project office. This includes overseeing and managing finance, human resources, administration, logistics, security, communication, IT and the upkeep and management of all TPO properties in the project office..
• A minimum Bachelor's degree in accounting, with not less than stage II of ACCA or CPA
• Candidate must complete a professional qualification within two years of joining the organisation. At least 5 years relevant working experience in a multi-donor environment.
• Able to perform routine Accounting and Financial Management support for TPO Uganda resources allocated to your custody; including but not limited to budget control and management, transaction management, enforcement of internal controls and accounting support to project finance staff as allocated by your supervisor.
• Prepare and maintain financial records of accounts according to generally accepted accounting principles and consistent with policies and procedures set forth in the TPO Uganda financial manual.
• Manage and control the organization’s assets, stocks and inventory in the project office according to the organizational policy on asset inventory management,
• Prepare and submit periodical reports to the Country Office and donors in accordance to the grant reporting guidelines and internal reporting regulations.
• Ensure timely processing and preparation of the project’s payroll and submission of all statutory returns by the due dates to the respective organizations.
• Participate in budget formulation, implementation and ensure adherence to the project guidelines.
• In liaison with the Logistics Officer, carry out timely procurement of goods and services in accordance with donor agreements and organization regulations.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree in accounting, with not less than stage II of ACCA or CPA
Experience Requirements: At least 5 years relevant working experience in a multi-donor environment
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please send your CV, letter of interest and academic documents with 3 work related referees via email: email@example.com or Hand deliver to Plot 3271, Kansanga, Opposite Kampala International University, Off Ggaba Road. Include your salary history for the past 3 years (Attached as one document of not more than 2MBs)
Deadline: February 21, 2020
TPO Uganda is an equal opportunities employer that doesn’t discriminate on any basis.
Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
An email alert was shared with subscribers on 20th February 2020. You can view it here if you missed it. Alerts make it easier to search for jobs. Many times the alert goes into your Gmail Promotions Tab instead of the Primary Tab, so make sure you check the Promotions Tab every Tuesday and Thursday.
If you want it to always appear in the Primary Tab, you can follow these 4 quick steps on your phone:
On Desktop or Computer, just hold down the email using the left click button and drag it to the Primary Tab.