- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
3 Project Drivers
Jobs at:Trailblazers Mentoring Foundation (TMF)
Deadline of this Job:
14 February 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 05, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Trailblazers Mentoring Foundation (TMF) is a registered non-governmental organization (NGO) in Uganda founded by two former child mothers who turned their negative experiences into a positive action. TMF programs draw lessons from real life experiences to challenge and inspire adolescent girls and young women to embrace responsibility for their education, health and development of their community.
The Organization’s mandate is to provide holistic programs that address critical needs of adolescents especially girls and young women while putting greater emphasis on ending teenage pregnancy, child marriages and empowering girls and young women to complete school and rise to their full potential.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision by the Administrative Assistant, the driver shall ensure that TMF staff and officials are driven safely during field activities to meetings and workshops and other work related destinations and that TMF vehicle under his or her docket are maintained in good working conditions. .
• Maintain the vehicle under his or her responsibility in good condition to reduce on wear and tear In line with TMF and National requirements.
• Transport staff and authorised persons to a required destination and back in accordance with the TMF policies and the Road Safety Act.
• Operate and park vehicles with maximum security of supplies to minimise losses and damage to TMF property while in transit according to the Traffic Regulations and the TMF parking policy.
• Account for funds spent on driving operations and maintaining trip movement records in line with TMF Accounting procedures.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle and the image of TMF to the public in line with the organisational requirements and the National Road Safety Guidelines.
• Make a pre-trip inspection every morning and before starting any journey.
• Communicate to the supervisor in case there is need for repairs and services • Report any mechanical fault
• Seek permission from immediate supervisor to use the vehicle • Ensure that the vehicle has enough fuel for the journey.
• Get a plan/map for the trip to facilitate ease during travelling
• Secure safe packing.
• Establish that all passengers are on return journey.
• Find out how to go about the work assigned may be performed.
• Protect supplies from bad conditions (rain, heat, fire.)
• Drive safely to avoid accidents.
• Handle supplies with care to avoid breakages
• Determine the fuel that will be required
• Calculate the amount of money to suffice for the journey
• Obtain receipts for all purchases or service received to perform my duties efficiently • Prepare accountability for the performances as per the work
• Adhere to all regulations governing motor vehicle
• Abide by the organizational requirements
Other key personal competences
The successful candidate needs to be a team player with excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and with office organizational skills
The job holder should have
• A minimum of O level certificate a
• A valid driving permit,
• Basic administrative & transport management course
• Defensive driving training
• 5 years working experience.
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job application procedure
• Provide day time contacts for at least three referees one of whom must be your current supervisor.
• All applications including a cover letter, Detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic credentials MUST be sent in one (1) PDF format file not bigger than 2MB on email; firstname.lastname@example.org
• Indicate on the email subject the post you are applying for.
• All applications should be addressed to the
The Executive Director,
Trailblazers Mentoring Foundation
P.O. Box 33389, Kampala, Uganda
Plot 97 Mukalazi Road, Bukoto.
Deadline: Friday, 14th February 2020 at 5:00pm.
NOTE: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.