- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
3 Road Inspector
Jobs at:Ministry of Works and Transport
Deadline of this Job:
27 March 2020
Date Posted: Monday, March 16, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Ministry of Works and Transport invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the post of Road Inspector under the Low Cost Sealing of District Roads. Low Cost Sealing involves sealing of low volume roads using locally available appropriate materials.
Applicants should submit their application letters with three recent passport photographs, a copy of the National Identity card, curriculum vitae and certified copies of academic documents.
Job Title: Road Inspector
Reports to: Project Engineer
No. of Vacancies: Three (3)
Employment Type: Contract
Contract duration: One-year renewable subject to satisfactory performance
To supervise the construction low cost sealing works
• Construction works supervised;
• Weekly and monthly progress reports produced:
• Quality assessment reports produced:
• Minutes of site meetings prepared; and
• Work measurement sheets prepared. .
• To conduct onsite supervision of road works in progress and completed projects to ensure compliance with standards and contract specifications:
• To the notify contractor of any required corrections on completed sections of work:
• To prepare measurement sheets for works executed by the contractor, iv) to record minutes of site meetings and maintain a site diary:
• To prepare weekly and monthly progress reports:
• To ensure timely implementation of site Instructions issued to contractors:
• Tao gather field data for a variety of engineering uses in planning:
• To attend to third party claims in collaboration with the contractor:
• To train young professionals attached to the project; and
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisors from time to time.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Applicants should be Ugandans by nationality with:
• At least an Ordinary Diploma in Civil Engineering:
• At least five (5) years working experience in road construction and maintenance with a • reputable organization; and
• Must have knowledge in computer applications.
Job Education: Ordinary Diploma in Civil Engineering
Job Experience: 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All applications should be addressed to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works and Transport and delivered to the Security Registry. Ministry Headquarters, Old Port Bell Road, Kampala not later than 27th March 2020. Note:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Late submissions SHALL NOT be accepted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.