4 Community TB DSD Resource Persons
Jobs at:Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Deadline of this Job:
05 March 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
In order to successfully, implement the project, IDI is looking for a competent and experienced individuals to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Community TB DSD Resource Persons (4 Positions)
Vacancy Code: TBDSD-001
Duty Station: Kampala and Wakiso Districts
Classification: Fixed term, full time
Reports to: TB DSD Mentors
The Community TB DSD Resource Persons will work collaboratively with Facility TB Focal Persons, TB DSD mentors and community structures in their catchment area to provide community TB services towards achievement of UN high level targets on TB case identification, treatment success and prevention.
• Support contact investigation and related documentation for all index TB patients.
• Support identification of TB hotspots, community TB screening and linkage of presumed TB cases to TB diagnostic services (physically or referral of samples)
• Support continuity of TB treatment and preventive therapy for all eligible individuals within the community
• Maintain up-to-date TB patient retention tools including TB patient’s locator forms, appointment books and TB follow up logs.
• Support TB patient appointment tracking, reminders and follow up of missed appointments
• Identify potential community drug distribution points to inform selection of appropriate ones for a specific group of TB patients
• Monitor TB patients’ retention in the DSD modality of their choice and support ongoing awareness on TB services available within the communities
• Maintain up-to-date records of all TB services accessed by patients or their contacts within the community
• Support identification of TB treatment supporters and continued provision of psychosocial support to TB patients within the community.
• Support active screening of patients on TB treatment or preventive therapy for adverse events and linkage to appropriate services
• Support referral and linkage of all MDR TB patients to the MDR treatment center.
• Participate in review of performance at facility level and in development of action plans to address identified gaps
• Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
• Degree in Social work and Social Administration
• Degree in Counselling and Guidance
• Training in counselling is an added advantage.
• Strong computer skills
• Good communication skills
• Fluency in Luganda and English
• Understands client confidentiality and exhibits high level of ethical conduct
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in these positions should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 5th March, 2021. Email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
• IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
• Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
• Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document.
• Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email.
• Please note that if you DO NOT indicate the vacancy code as instructed above, your application will not be considered.
• Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.