Jobs at:Bank of Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
04 December 2020
Date Posted: Friday, November 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Applications are invited from qualiﬁed Ugandans to ﬁll the following position in the Medical Department, Bank of Uganda;
JOB TITLE: 4 Nurses
JOB REFERENCE: MD6.04
REPORTS TO: HEAD PUBLIC HEALTH DIVISION
Contribute to the smooth flow of patients for treatment under a clean and safe environment .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Preparation of work area for the days works e.g. dusting.
• Sterilizing of equipment to be used.
• Receive patients and guide them through their respective treatment.
• To ensure all patients are attended to in a timely manner.
• Monitor and keep stock of drugs used in the treatment room.
• Administer the prescribed medicines and nursing procedures e.g. oral drugs, injections, dressing, putting up drips, etc.
• Preparation and assisting doctors with minor operations that are carried out e.g. incision and drainage.
• Taking and recording vital signs/observation of patients admitted for close monitoring.
• Accompanying very sick patients to hospitals for admission.
• Supporting ambulance cases where possible.
• Carryout home and hospital visits where as needed.
• Giving health education to patients as need may arise. E.g. counselling
• Participate in stock taking as may be required.
• Identify and report risk incidents in their section.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
• All necessary patient particulars prepared for the Doctors.
• All prescribed treatments are given and properly administered.
• Maintenance of a clean and safe working environment
• Reports on patients visited.
• Mandatory: A Diploma in Nursing or Midwifery (with a Distinction or Credit) from a recognized institution.
• Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council Registration
• A minimum working experience of 3 years in a busy hospital or clinic.
AGE: A minimum of 30 years and maximum of 45 years as at the date of the close of the advertisement. Candidates should have been born on or after 4th December 1975 but not later than 4th December 1990.
• Counselling skills
• Computer knowledge
• Good Interpersonal skills
• Good Communication skills
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Salary and Beneﬁts for these positions are generous and attractive.
All applications should be forwarded electronically using the iRecruitment link on the BOU website ( https://www.bou.or.ug/bou/bouwebsite/Careers/Available-Vacancies/ ) A User guide labelled Bank of Uganda l-Recruitment Instructions is available on the BOU website.
Please take note of the following;
• Management reserves the right to terminate applicants found with concealed or falsiﬁed information and academic credentials.
• Candidates MUST use the standard BoU Curriculum Vitae format as their Curriculum Vitae format. Candidates that use a Curriculum Vitae Format other than the mentioned BoU Curriculum Vitae format shall be disqualiﬁed. The Curriculum vitae: should contain names of 3(three) referees and their contacts.
• Candidates MUST attach scanned certiﬁed copies of academic credentials and professional training certiﬁcates.
The maximum size of attachments in the online application is 500Kb.
Multiple documents of sizes smaller than 500Kb can be attached.
To reach NOT later than Friday 4th December 2020.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.