4 Pilot Study Research Assistants
Jobs at:Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Deadline of this Job:
26 October 2020
Date Posted: Friday, October 16, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) seeks to hire suitable candidates for the position of PILOT STUDY RESEARCH ASSISTANT for the PMI Housing Modification Study. The successful candidates will be based in Jinja. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Sensitize heads of households about the PMI Housing Modification Study, specifically the pilot study.
• Map households using hand held GPS devices
• Carry out research activities for the pilot study, including documenting (photography, videography, written reports) the design process
• Assessing the durability of housing interventions and checking maintenance needs after housing modifications
• Seeking consent from household heads for participation in the pilot study
• Carrying out household surveys at the baseline and at the end of the pilot period to characterise households (e.g. wealth index, household composition, net access and utilization, satisfaction with the modification, etc.)
• Ensure accurate and proper completion of all study logs, questionnaires and consent forms
• Assist with organization and filing of study forms & generation of reports in collaboration with the study coordinators and data management team
• Maintain confidentiality of records and research findings as appropriate
• Take part in regular team meetings
Qualifications and other desirables for the job:
• Bachelors’ Degree in Social Work and Social Administration or Social Sciences from a recognised university.
• Good knowledge of GCP & HSP with valid certificates
• Experience working in a Research setting or NGO
• Knowledgeable about different computer packages including Microsoft Word, Excel and Data entry packages
• Integrity, good communication & interpersonal/people skills are essential for the job
• Ability to develop a productive working relationship, operate in a rural setting and a fast and diverse environment with intense demands
• Knowledge of the local languages spoken in the East/central region of Uganda i.e. Luganda, Lusoga and Samia will be an added advantage.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelors’ Degree
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
This advert can be found on the IDRC website: www.idrc-uganda.org
Please note that applications can only be submitted using the link that is available on the website
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT COMMENTS:
• Deadline for submitting applications is 5:00pm, Monday 26th October 2020.
• Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
• Only online applications will be accepted and please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.