4 TB DSD Mentors
Jobs at:Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Deadline of this Job:
05 March 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
In order to successfully, implement the project, IDI is looking for a competent and experienced individuals to fill the positions below:
Job Title: TB DSD Mentor (4 Positions)
Vacancy Code: TBDSD -003
Duty Station: Kampala and Wakiso Districts
Classification: Fixed term, full time
Reports to: TB DSD Program Coordinator
The TB DSD mentor will work collaboratively with Facility TB Focal Persons and/or TB-HIV focal persons in the selected health facilities to optimize implementation of recommended TB interventions at facility and community levels. The TB DSD mentor will oversee enrolment of eligible TB patients or eligible contacts of index TB patients on preferred differentiated service delivery modalities towards achievement of UN high level targets on TB case identification, treatment success and prevention. .
• Build capacity of frontline health workers and TB DSD resource persons in TB management and related documentation in HMIS tools
• Raise awareness on the implementation of TB DSD modalities and criteria for enrolment into these models
• Support mapping and enrolment of TB patients to preferred TB DSD modalities
• Coordinate activities of TB DSD Resource Persons at health facility level.
• Ensure patients are monitored according to the national TB guidelines.
• Support action planning for TB DSD related activities, monitoring and review of performance to inform scale up.
• Coordinate initiation, monitoring and reporting of TB related quality improvement projects at the supported facilities and facilitate related CQI learning sessions
• Participate in facility-level review of performance in TB service delivery to inform decision making for improvements
• Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
• Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Diploma in Nursing
• Additional training in standards of TB care
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office packages
• Good communication and analytical skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Understands client confidentiality and exhibits high level of ethical conduct
• Experience in working with district health systems
Job Education Requirements: Diploma
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in these positions should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 5th March, 2021. Email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
• IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
• Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
• Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document.
• Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email.
• Please note that if you DO NOT indicate the vacancy code as instructed above, your application will not be considered.
• Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.