- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
5 Project Officers
Jobs at:Trailblazers Mentoring Foundation (TMF)
Deadline of this Job:
14 February 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 05, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Trailblazers Mentoring Foundation (TMF) is a registered non-governmental organization (NGO) in Uganda founded by two former child mothers who turned their negative experiences into a positive action. TMF programs draw lessons from real life experiences to challenge and inspire adolescent girls and young women to embrace responsibility for their education, health and development of their community.
The Organization’s mandate is to provide holistic programs that address critical needs of adolescents especially girls and young women while putting greater emphasis on ending teenage pregnancy, child marriages and empowering girls and young women to complete school and rise to their full potential. Position Overview: The Project Officers will effectively plan, coordinate, implement and monitor project activities at the district and community level. The Program Officers will build and strengthen networks /coalitions and provide capacity building support to the project beneficiaries. Each Project Officer will be accountable for the day-to-day function of the field office. She/ He is expected to carry out this function with high commitment, integrity, transparency, trust, and in conformity with the mission and values of TMF. She/he will work closely and report to the Programs Manager. .
The specific roles and responsibilities:
Project planning, Budgeting and Implementation:
• Plan, coordinate and implement all project activities in timely and efficient manner.
• Effectively communicate project expectations and deliverables to stakeholders at school, district and community level for buy in/acceptability.
• Mentor, motivate and supervise school clubs and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Coordinate district child marriage committees ensuring timely meetings, monitoring and reporting on their progress
• In charge of capacity building training activities for adolescent girls, boys and young women and men ensuring support supervision at school and community level.
• Conduct mapping and mobilisation of communities, adolescents, young women and men and like -minded CSOs at district and sub county level
• Lead in formation/strengthening of Girl Education Clubs (GEC) in schools.
• Effectively participate in planning, implementation of work plans and in reviews.
• Represent the Organisation at district and sub county level particularly at district local government planning meetings, and ensure good and effective working relationships with all stakeholders for visibility.
• Support to peer to peer mentoring among adolescent girls and women in and out of school
• Build advocacy and leadership skills of children especially girls to demand for protection and promotion of their rights to education, adolescent sexual reproductive health and from all forms of abuse.
• Support and supervise men/boy champion activities in the community ensuring their engagement in advocacy.
Networking and partnerships
• Identify and utilize opportunities for collaboration through networks, and building relationships with likeminded CSOs, Institutions, Media, Development Partners and stakeholders
• Effectively participate in partnership forums , international and national events
• Provide regular updates to TMF and other key partners on the progress of implementation of program/ project activities
• Increase visibility of the organization at district and community level
• Put in place mechanisms that ensure buy in, and effective engagement of all beneficiaries and other stakeholders for ownership and sustainability.
Monitoring and Evaluation
• Ensure timely monitoring and reporting through adherence to reporting timelines
• Document all information related to the project including lessons learnt, human interest stories..
• Undertake periodic review of the implementation and operation of the monitoring and reporting mechanism.
Finance and administration
• Developing concept notes/ TORs and budgets for the planned activities
• Report writing and accountability for all activities done
• Ensure timely financial accountability in line with TMF accountability cycle.
• Manage day-to-day administrative function of the field office.
Required Skills and Experience
• Must have a degree in Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies or gender with proven evidence of experience in the required field.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years proven experience in community related work particularly in Girl child/women’s organization.
• Additional trainings on gender, human rights child protection and community development will be an added advantage.
• Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid riding license is essential
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Strong capacity building /mentor/facilitation abilities
• Proactive leader and highly organized
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Quick learner and able to prioritize tasks
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and access
• Willingness to travel across communities in the districts
• Understanding local language in project areas.
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: degree
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• Provide day time contacts for at least three referees one of whom must be your current supervisor.
• All applications including a cover letter, Detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic credentials MUST be sent in one (1) PDF format file not bigger than 2MB on email; firstname.lastname@example.org
• Indicate on the email subject the post you are applying for.
• All applications should be addressed to the
The Executive Director,
Trailblazers Mentoring Foundation
P.O. Box 33389, Kampala, Uganda
Plot 97 Mukalazi Road, Bukoto.
Deadline: Friday, 14th February 2020 at 5:00pm.
NOTE: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.