- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
6 Social Workers
Jobs at:Alliance For Community Development (AFCOD)
Deadline of this Job:
30th August 2019
Date Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Alliance For Community Development (AFCOD) is a registered NGO operating in Eastern Uganda. AFCOD started in 2016 and focuses on capacity building of CSOs, promoting effective governance in public service delivery including natural resources governance, and empowerment of vulnerable groups of people. AFCOD is one of the CSOs implementing the USAID funded project; “Sustainable Outcomes for Children and Youth” (SOCY) in 6 Districts of Iganga, Namutumba, , Bugiri, Kamuli, Tororo and Butaleja in partnership with TPO as IPs and Catholic Relief Services (CRS) as the Prime..
• Responsible for overall supervision, Coaching and Mentoring of Para-social Workers for effective OVC household’s identification / assessment and enrollment into the SOCY Project and development of Household Improvement Plans (HIPs) as well as tracking/ facilitating its implementation.
• The Social Worker will ensure supervision and maintenance of an effective referrals & linkages system, as a core part in Case Management processes thereby ensure proper documentation of beneficiaries reached to access cores services.
• She/he will supervise Para-social Workers to effectively perform assigned tasks in respective Sub-counties such as: home visits, referrals, case follow-ups and ensure completion of referrals. She/he will work in liaison with the Community Development Officer (CDO), DPC and other relevant stakeholders to organize Sub-county-level Integrated Case
• Conferencing Sessions, as well as mobilizing, coordinating monthly meetings with Para-social Workers; producing timely and informative project periodic activity reports.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Social Work & Social Administration, Development Studies, Community Psychology, Guidance and Counseling, Social work & Social Administration, Social Sciences, or Any other related discipline.
• At least 3 years work experience in community/ social work particularly on OVC and/or HIVAIDS donor-funded projects;
• s/he should have demonstrated ability to manage community volunteers and experience in working with rural communities.
• Ability to multi task and work under pressure to deliver results;
• S/he should have computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, data entry, Demonstrable good communication skills in both English and Local Language
• Desirable: Class A riding Permit- Motorcycles
Job Education Requirements: A Bachelor’s degree in Social Work & Social Administration, Development Studies, Community Psychology, Guidance and Counseling, Social work & Social Administration, Social Sciences, or Any other related discipline.
Job application procedure
Email your application letter and C.V to the addresses below, by Friday 30th August 2019 at 5:00 pm to:
The Executive Director, AFCOD
P.O Box 231 Tororo
Send your soft copy application with the specified attachments in a single pdf or Ms word file to:
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
AFCOD is an Equal Opportunity Employer