Administrative Assistant to Head HR and Administration
Jobs at:Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (Uetcl)
Deadline of this Job:
07 July 2023
Date Posted: Friday, June 23, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To provide versatile secretarial, clerical and administrative support service to the Head Human Resource and Administration in execution of duties.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Maintain proper and requisite records of all documents in the office of the Head Human Resource and Administration.
• Perform administrative roles that comprise but are not limited to the following tasks:
• Ensure adequate stock of office supplies
• Ensure that facilities like office machinery and appliances are regularly serviced and are in proper working order
• Arrange for all needs of the office
• Register incoming /outgoing mail, filing of documents and correspondences.
• In consultation with the Supervisor, arrange and manage the activity dairy.
• Answer and make telephone calls, and take messages on behalf of Manager.
• Receive and channel visitors.
• Type, take dictation, to transcribe, to photocopy and carry out similar basic office routine.
• Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
THE PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
• A bachelor’s degree with honours in Secretarial Studies or Office and Information Management or relevant degree from a recognized University.
• At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role carrying out secretarial duties and handling people and paper traffic in a busy office.
• Must understand the sensitivity of the position, must maintain confidentiality, and uphold professional ethics at all times
• Possess skills in office management.
• Must have good skills and experience in a range of computer software application packages, as well as good language skills
• Must be responsible, organized person capable of executing duties with minimum supervision
• Must possess good communication, reporting and interpersonal skills
• Must have a pleasant personality that exudes good nature to handle and treat visitors to the office as customers
• Must be a diligent person able to withstand stressful work situations and tolerate demands for extra effort and work extra hours.
• Must demonstrate knowledge and experience handling secretarial, clerical and administrative duties.
• Must be computer literate.
• A person of integrity, highly motivated, innovative and a committed team player.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AND REMUNERATION
The holder of this position will be offered a contract subject to the Ministry of Public Service Guidelines on the rationalization Exercise of Government Institutions.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If your qualifications and experience match the requirements for any of the roles, please complete and submit your application via the following link: Application Form for UETCL Staff Recruitment. All applications must be submitted via the online application form at the link above.
Closing date for receipt of applications will be July 7, 2023.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact the Executive Selection Division (ESD), KPMG on +256 312 170080 or +256 312 170081 or via email@example.com.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.