Business Applications Support Officer
Jobs at:Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (Uetcl)
Deadline of this Job:
07 July 2023
Date Posted: Friday, June 23, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Support and maintain business applications including Sun system, HR and Payroll and Enterprise-wide applications and administer the underlying relational database management systems. All in accordance with the ICT policy.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Setup inventory control to ledger interface and bank reconciliations.
• Fine Tune and update the Asset Register.
• Design business applications reports for Heads of Department and Sections.
• Maintain interfaces between the financials and other business applications.
• Configure and setup restoration and continuity measures and enforce measures to minimize business applications down time.
• Train all new staff and re-train the existing users in usage of business applications.
THE PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
• A bachelor’s degree with honours in Computer Science, Information Technology, Physical sciences (Math or Physics), Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or related IT field.
• Must have an IT professional certificate(s) such as Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, CISA or ITIL
• At least 3 years’ experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting:
• Financial applications such as Sun System Financials, Pastel or Navision
• HR/Payroll systems such as Resource Link or People soft or any such technology
• Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
• Knowledge of virtualization technologies including VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V and VCentre Server
• Experience in backup and recovery of database driven applications utilizing Oracle or Microsoft SQL
• Experience in working with clients to define and document application requirements
• Demonstrate capability to train and transfer knowledge to small and medium size audiences.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AND REMUNERATION
The holder of this position will be offered a contract subject to the Ministry of Public Service Guidelines on the rationalization Exercise of Government Institutions.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If your qualifications and experience match the requirements for any of the roles, please complete and submit your application via the following link: Application Form for UETCL Staff Recruitment. All applications must be submitted via the online application form at the link above.
Closing date for receipt of applications will be July 7, 2023.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact the Executive Selection Division (ESD), KPMG on +256 312 170080 or +256 312 170081 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.