Care and Treatment Specialist
Jobs at:Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
28 January 2022
Date Posted: Friday, January 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Care & Treatment Specialist develops and monitors the implementation of systems, policies and procedures for aligning the various project objectives in terms of HIV/TB health services from the Ministry of Health and health facilities in Kasese district to effectively respond to the scaling up of HIV/AIDS, TB epidemic control, prevention and treatment in the district in line with the Organization’s mission and UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals.
1. Develop and monitor the implementation of consolidated project work plans, procurement plans and budgets for HIV care, treatment & prevention services and MNCH services and as well as monitor the integration of related activities in the district/facility plans and budgets.
2. Develop a detailed implementation and activity program plan, including program targets.
3. In collaboration with the capacity building manager, develop capacity building/ mentorship plan for Kasese cluster for HIV/AIDS/TB care, treatment, nutrition, paediatric & adolescent and prevention programs for district health workers and monitor its implementation based on clearly identified needs.
4. Develop and maintain strategic partnerships and networks with district key stakeholders and other partner organizations involved in HIV/STI/TB surveillance programs and advocate for comprehensive, relevant and harmonized interventions.
5. Develop and implement strategies for conducting periodic program review/lesson learnt meetings/ based on the set and agreed upon periodic targets for the programs and develop action plans for improvements including periodic report writing and feed back to stakeholders.
6. In collaboration with the QI advisor, review and monitor the implementation of MoH Quality Improvement objectives and quality improvement projects in the supported health facilities.
7. Develop and monitor the implementation of initiatives for conducting HIV/STI/TB care, treatment and prevention related operational research and support the writing of fundable proposals.
8. Write quarterly, semi- annual and annual reports in regard to the performance of the project in line with Baylor Uganda’s strategic objectives.
9. Develop fundable proposals in collaboration with other Baylor-Uganda staff and key stakeholders for the sustainability or continuity of various programs in line with Baylor Uganda strategic objectives.
10. Develop and monitor the implementation of a lessons learnt system aligned to case conferences, mortality audit and organizational continued medical education sessions to promote continuous professional development in line with Baylor Uganda Clinical Policies and SOPs.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
1. Bachelor’s degree in medicine and surgery (MBChB)
2. A Master’s degree in pediatrics and child health will be an added advantage
3. At least 5 years working experience in the field of HIV
4. At least 2 years’ work experience at a middle or senior management level with a reputable organization
5.Direct experience of representation with government and donor health agencies
5 Years Relevant Experience
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://careers.baylor-uganda.org/jobs/job-application/284/opportunity-welcome
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.