Chief Finance Officer
Jobs at:Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (Uetcl)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 07 2023
Date Posted: Friday, June 23 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Responsible for overseeing all financial, fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities of the business, in conjunction with the management, board of directors and other relevant stakeholders.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Financial Management
• Support and guide the finance team and other staff on all financial aspects of the business.
• Exercise overall control of all financial transactions, inventory and accountancy matters and coordinate external audit.
• Manage company policies regarding capital requirements, working capital, debt (company borrowings and debtors), and taxation as appropriate.
• Manage cash flow and forecasting. Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism.
• Optimize the handling of banking relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash positions, including negotiating the best translation rates of foreign currency.
• Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met regarding all the company’s financial affairs.
• Develop the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual; update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices.
• Monitor (or manage) the credit control for the business.
• Responsible for company procurement, clearing, and management of physical stocks.
• Ensure that payroll is produced with integrity and that records are kept in accordance with all regulatory requirements. Financial Strategy
• Work with the Managing Director, the Board, and other functional managers on the strategic vision of the business, develop the strategic business plans, and advise on all financial matters.
• Assess business performance against both the annual budget and long-term strategy. Develop tools and systems to provide financial and operational information and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
• Oversee budgeting and the implementation of budgets to monitor progress and present financial metrics both internally and externally. Ensure that this is in alignment with the business plans and advise management and the board of any significant changes.
• Monitoring & Evaluation and Reporting
• Prepare, analyze, and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; collate financial reporting materials for the business and clearly communicate the monthly and annual financial position.
• Report on the performance of the company against agreed Key Performance Indicators
• Prepare annual accounts, manage the relationship with external auditors, and liaise with the holding company regarding related reporting requirements.
• Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with management; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep the Boards abreast of the organization’s financial status.
• Implement a robust contract and financial management reporting system and manage the working capital position of the company.
• Maintain compliance with the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) on all tax-related matters, and ensure the returns filed for the business are complete and accurate.
THE PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
• A master’s degree in either of the following disciplines - Economics, Commerce, Finance, Accounts, or Business Administration is a must.
• A bachelor’s degree with honours in Economics, Statistics, Commerce, Finance, Accounts, Business Administration, or Electrical Engineering.
• Full Membership in ACCA, CPA, or CIA is a must.
• Must be a member of ICPAU.
• Knowledge and experience of all relevant International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• At least 10 years of financial and commercial management experience (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting), of which 5 years should be in a managerial position.
• Familiarity with the electricity and energy sector is an added advantage.
• Proven good management and interpersonal skills.
• Strategic thinking and ability to work and produce accurate and timely reports in an environment with multiple and challenging tasks.
• Proven record of integrity.
• Excellent interpersonal, particularly staff/management relations, and oral and written communication skills.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AND REMUNERATION
The holder of this position will be offered a contract subject to the Ministry of Public Service Guidelines on the rationalization Exercise of Government Institutions.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
If your qualifications and experience match the requirements for any of the roles, please complete and submit your application via the following link: Application Form for UETCL Staff Recruitment. All applications must be submitted via the online application form at the link above.
Closing date for receipt of applications will be July 7, 2023.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact the Executive Selection Division (ESD), KPMG on +256 312 170080 or +256 312 170081 or via email@example.com.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.