Chief Technical Officer
Jobs at:Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (Uetcl)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 07 2023
Date Posted: Friday, June 23 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Responsible for the operation and maintenance of UETCL grid assets in accordance with the Uganda Primary Grid Code and international prudent utility practices; effective achievement of UETCL corporate objectives through utilization of Information and Communication Technologies in a long term and cost effective manner, responsible for electrical power transmission infrastructure planning, development and investments and to implement transmission projects plans to meet the future demand in line with Company strategic objectives.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Develop and update strategies for the management of the Projects Implementation, Planning and Investments, Operations and Maintenance, and ICT Departments
• Plan Regional Grid Integration and oversee the development of grid expansion plans and their implementation in liaison with the requisite Heads of Department
• Oversee the development of projects from inception to completion in compliance with internal, regulatory and funding partner requirements
• Develop, control and manage the budgets for the Projects Implementation, Planning and Investments, Operations and Maintenance, and ICT Departments
• Operationalize Power Purchase Agreements, Power Sales Agreements and Energy Exchange Agreements
• Coordinate ICT systems security, Business Continuity and Disaster recovery planning.
• Offer advisory to the CEO and Board of Directors regarding technical and administrative activities of the Projects Implementation, Planning and Investments, Operations and Maintenance, and ICT Departments
• Direct and administer all Information and Communication Technology activities and affairs of the organization including developing and Marketing Optic fiber business
• Coordinate the development and implementation of grid maintenance and safety with a focus uninterrupted power outages and maximum power sales
• Any other duties which may be assigned by the CEO and Board of Directors from time to time.
THE PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
• A bachelor of science degree with honours in electrical engineering from a recognised institution.
• A master’s degree in power systems operations is an added advantage
• A minimum of 12 years’ experience in power systems operations with at least 5 years at a senior management level
• Must be a registered engineer with the ERB
• Must have a post graduate qualification in management
• Must demonstrate project management knowledge and experience
• Good interpersonal skills
• Computer literate
• Demonstrated background of personal and strategic leadership abilities ➢ Highly motivated, innovated and committed team player.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AND REMUNERATION
The holder of this position will be offered a contract subject to the Ministry of Public Service Guidelines on the rationalization Exercise of Government Institutions.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 144
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If your qualifications and experience match the requirements for any of the roles, please complete and submit your application via the following link: Application Form for UETCL Staff Recruitment. All applications must be submitted via the online application form at the link above.
Closing date for receipt of applications will be July 7, 2023.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact the Executive Selection Division (ESD), KPMG on +256 312 170080 or +256 312 170081 or via firstname.lastname@example.org .
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.