Country Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Coordinator
Jobs at:Food for the Hungry
Deadline of this Job:
11 April 2022
Date Posted: Monday, April 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Food for the Hungry (FH/U) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since 1989. FH is currently operating programs in Asia, Latin America and Africa with support offices in the UK, Canada, Switzerland, United States of America and Japan. FH's primary goal is to end all forms of poverty Worldwide. In Uganda, FH is operational in the Districts of Adjumani, Kitgum, Lamwo, Kween, Mbale, Namutumba and Amudat Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and Livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction; with the Head office located in Kampala.
Vacancy announcement (To be hired on Rolling Basis) FH/Uganda is actively seeking for qualified candidates committed to its Heartbeat and Corporate Strategy to fill the career openings below on a rolling basis;
Job Title: Country Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Coordinator
Position Type: Full Time National Staff
Location: Support Office/kitgum
Number of Positions: 01
Reports to: Program Director
Supervises: Regional Meal Officers
Contract Length: 2 years (Fixed)
Start Date: Immediate
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Program Director (PD), The Country MEAL Coordinator comprehensively manages the monitoring and evaluation process in the entire country program, ensuring the criteria and indicators defined in the CFCT (Child Focused Community Transformation) model and Country's Strategic Plan are efficiently met and provide necessary recommendations. Co-lead in design of projects and programs in line with FH's Transforming Field Experiences (TFE) re-imagination initiative.
• Monitoring and Evaluation system
• Data Analysis
• Program monitoring and reporting
• Capacity Building
• Program Support
Job Level Specifications
• Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH's Christian beliefs expressed in The Heartbeat.
• Proficiency in creating data entry and analysis templates in Epi-Info, MS Access, SPSS, or other software.
• Proficiency in design of on line data collection tools using Odk, Kobo collect and capture of geo-spatial data using GIS software such as ArcGIS & Q-GIS.
Education/Certifications and Experience
• College/university degree in Monitoring and Evaluation studies, social sciences, demography, development planning, mathematics, statistics, or similar field and; a post graduate diploma in M&E is a must
• Master's degree in M&E, statistics is an added advantage
• 8+ experience working in monitoring & evaluation of humanitarian and development programs preferred.
• Experience working with development fields such as food security or child survival programming is a plus.
• High level integrity and initiative taking and positive attitude towards learning and sharing.
• Non-profit ministry experience is a plus. Program leadership experience that includes risk and compliance management, financial, and opportunity development
Proficiency in spoken and written English. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and M&E tools is desirable.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
NOTE: *Complete Job Descriptions are available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org Employment with FH offers an attractive package which includes; a good salary commensurate to one's role, a good medical insurance package for staff and dependents, provident fund, GPA and provision for other statutory requirements. FHU is an equal opportunity employer.
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies in one pdf file not more than 25MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/ contact details of three referees, addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Food for the Hungry Uganda
not later than Monday 11th April, 2022 at 4:30pm. Consider your application unsuccessful if you don't hear from us by 29th April 2022
Safeguarding & Protection Clause: FH strives to provide an environment free from Sexual exploitation, abuse, harassment and Fraud in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against Sexual exploitation, abuse, harassment and Fraud. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat, Anti-Fraud, Safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.