Driver – Gulu, Uganda – ICYD Activity
Jobs at:Education Development Center (EDC)
Deadline of this Job:
01 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Essential functions include (but are not limited to):
• Provide transportation using EDC vehicles of goods, staff, and other authorized passengers in accordance with EDC policies and procedures.
• Conduct daily operation and maintenance to the vehicle assigned to the driver in a manner that ensures the highest degree of safety possible for the vehicle and its passengers.
• Keep accurate and up to date records using the vehicle and fuel log sheets provided.
• Inspect and be vigilant at all times for the detection of any faults and/or damage to the assigned vehicle, whether accidental or otherwise, and submit a written report of such faults and damage as soon as possible to the Supervisor.
• Ensure that EDC policies and procedures for safe vehicle operation and risk mitigation, such as proper use of door locks, parking in secure locations and timing of trips, are followed.
• Submit to the Supervisor the monthly vehicle utilization report summarizing vehicle/fuel use and vehicle repair/maintenance. This report will be accompanied by the fuel and vehicle log sheets for the period of the report.
• Prepare and submit the Weekly Control Sheet to the Supervisor for review and schedule repairs and maintenance, as necessary.
• Willing to accept additional responsibilities as assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
The candidate for the position of Driver shall have at a minimum the following qualifications:
• Minimum of a UCE certificate or its equivalent, proof of training in defensive driving and basic computer skills.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with all classes and a safe driving record with no traffic violations.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a professional driver with a reputable organization; experience working on a USAID financed project is a plus.
• Good awareness and commitment to follow all local and national driving laws, rules and regulations.
• High level of integrity and attention to detail.
• Ability to proficiently read, speak and write in English.
• Experience driving four-wheel drive vehicles and driving on unpaved rural roads.
• Practical experience in maintaining vehicles and conducting minor repairs.
• Ability to make frequent up-country travels, often long-distance and sometimes overnight.
• Must have excellent inter-personal skills.
• Ability to remain calm in high-stress situations such as road accidents, bad weather conditions and impatient drivers.
• Must be reliable, dependable, flexible and willing to work beyond routine hours.
• Previous training in safe vehicle operation/defensive driving preferred.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
To apply please click HERE
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.