Jobs at:United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Deadline of this Job:
02 July 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
UNDP Moroto field office currently has following running programmes: Fostering Sustainability and Resilience for Food Security in Karamoja region” since 2017 which is funded by GEF and implemented in six districts through CSOs; The Uganda Spotlight Initiative. This is implemented in the two districts: Promoting Socio- Economic Development and Peace in Africa’s Borderlands (to be implemented by Kenya and Uganda country offices in Turkana and West Pokot County in Kenya and Karamoja cluster in Uganda).
Duties and Responsibilities
• The Project has the following objectives:
• Strengthened evidence-based knowledge and capacities to draft assess gaps and draft new and/or strengthen existing legislations;
• Strengthened capacities of key institutions to deliver evidence-based programmes that prevent and respond to Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG);
• Coordination mechanisms established, strengthened including multi-sectoral representation and groups representing vulnerable women;
• Community advocacy platforms are established/strengthened to develop strategies and programmes to promote gender-equitable norms, attitudes and behaviors;
• Decision makers in relevant non-state institutions1 are better able to advocate for implementation of legislation and policies on ending VAWG, including SGBV/HP, and for gender-equitable norms, attitudes and behaviors and women and girls’ rights (including SRHR);
• Knowledge and capacity of National and CSO institutions strengthened to deliver quality, coordinated multi-sector;
• Strengthened quick impact social protection and livelihoods interventions, particularly for women and youth in borderland communities impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Focuses on strengthening the enabling policy and institutional frameworks through the creation of multi-stakeholder platforms that will enable better planning, including local landscape-based planning;
• To Channel investments into the food production systems and value chains using a Farmer Field School approach adapted to the realities of the agro-pastoral societies of Karamoja. The project will increase production through climate resilient production techniques, and also support efforts to diversify production to increase income and reduce vulnerability to food insecurity. A strong emphasis will be placed on rehabilitating ecosystem services through restoration, agro-forestry, natural regeneration and sound pasture management. The project will also target specific activities towards women and youth, who are among the most vulnerable, to ensure equality of participation and remove underlying vulnerabilities;
• To support the development and implementation of a monitoring and assessment framework for global environmental benefits, and socio-economic benefits.
• It is in this context, UNDP Moroto field office seeks a qualified Driver to provide service to the project under the supervision of UNDP Moroto Head of office together with the support of Programme Associate Moroto.
• This position requires regularly travelling to entire Karamoja region where the current interventions are located; Some sites are characterized with unstable security situation.
• The major tasks expected of Driver
• Ensure provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents, and other items;
• Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
• Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc;
• Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts;
• Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents;
• Demonstrate exemplary driving practices;
• Other tasks as required.
• The results that Driver is to achieve
• Daily Verbal report;
• Daily Maintenance record;
• Logbooks record as monthly record and report;
• Office car is maintained in the good mechanical working conditions.
• The required activities
• Log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing, servicing done and keeps a logbook up to date;
• Driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents, and other items
• Institutional Arrangement
• The Driver will work under the supervision of UNDP Moroto Head of office together with the support of Programme Associate Moroto. She/He will be expected to submit weekly reports, and Monthly reports.
• Enable Diversity and Inclusion: Level 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
• Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
• Business Direction
• Effective Decision Making: Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with ones authority, area of expertise and resources.
• Business Management
• Communication: Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience
• Customer Satisfaction: Ability to anticipate client's upcoming needs and concerns.
Required Skills and Experience
• Completion Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license.
• Minimum 3 years’ work experience as a driver;
• Not less than 2 years of driving experience in a busy organization;
• Mechanical skills are an advantage;
• Valid driving permit with classes B, CM & DL;
• Experience with working in the Karamoja Region;
• Excellent interpersonal, skills and demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural background.
• Required Language
• Fluency in English.
• Knowledge of Ngakarimojong is desirable.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/4313/apply/email?keyword=uganda
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.