Executive Assistant to the British High Commissioner and Deputy High Commissioner EO (04/22 KPL)
Jobs at:The British Government
Deadline of this Job:
10 July 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This is an exciting opportunity for a committed and passionate individual to join the dynamic team at the British High Commission in Kampala. You will assist the High Commissioner and Deputy High Commissioner in their day-to-day work, including managing diaries, liaising with staff across BHC, managing external contacts and organising events. This is a multi-faceted role which plays a large part in the wider life of the High Commission.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• This role would suit someone with experience of living overseas with a diplomatic mission.
• It is flexible, fun and offers possibilities for personal development.
• You will play a vital role in the overall life of the British High Commission (BHC). You will support the High Commissioner and Deputy High Commissioner by managing their diaries and ensuring a smooth running of their schedules.
• You will be Secretariat for a number of committees and meetings in the BHC. You may be called on to support others in their roles.
• The successful candidate will have excellent organisation skills, have good attention for detail, be a good people person and great at team working to support the entire mission.
• Diary management including setting up official meetings and managing internal schedules;
• Managing travel and accommodation arrangements of High Commissioner/ Deputy High Commissioner;
• Production, registration and dispatch of official correspondence and documents for meetings, including minutes for the meetings;
• Ad hoc support on IT, security and other areas;
• Budget management and oversight of spending;
• Event management, including a role in organising the annual Queen’s Birthday celebrations.
• Overseeing the calendar of events at the official Residence, managing events for the High Commissioner and coordinating others to ensure they deliver on official objectives.
• Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
• 1 x AO member of staff
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
• Excellent level of written and spoken English
• Excellent organisation skills
• Working knowledge of MS Office Packages
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritise
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Discretion and confidentiality
• Team Player
• Required behaviours
• Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Communicating and Influencing, Working Together
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://fco.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-1/brand-2/user-5985317/xf-01be3554023a/candidate/eform/8581600/page/1
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.