Field Operations Manager
Jobs at:Fracht Uganda SMC Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, December 04 2023
Date Posted: Monday, November 27 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Supervises verification of cargo in bonds and makes sure its uploaded in the system.
• Release cargo after securing the customs release in the URA system while complying with Fracht’s set cargo release procedures.
• Delegate field staff to take charge of motor vehicle units coming from Mombasa and ensure that they are inspected and verified upon arrival to facilitate customs clearance.
• Take lead in Liaison and maintaining good Rapport with customs, other authorities i.e., NDA, Ministry of Agriculture, to achieve better operations to satisfy client needs.
• Plan for both local and upcountry delivery of cargo, ensure that field personnel have cargo count/ verification tallies with the goods finally delivered and offloaded at client’s premises or warehouse.
• Guide and train field personnel on container inspection before and after delivery and recording the container condition on the delivery notes.
• Delegate field personnel to supervise loading and transshipment of cargo both in the yard and client’s premises.
• Take lead to gather and organize weekly stock reports of containers and units within the respective container terminals and yard.
• Guide field personnel on cargo tallying during loading and offloading.
• Delegate and monitor field personnel to ensure documents are picked and delivered to clients and authorities as and when requested.
• Allocates and guides field personnel on Standard Operating Procedures which are taking photos of all operations handled, inspection of all containers, getting all proof of Deliveries signed, stamped with all comments undersigned by client and share with commercial section for further action.
• Take lead to ensure daily reports on executed operations are shared to all departments that interface with field operations.
• Oversee compiling reports about the transactions, monitoring and controlling costs at the branch office.
• Take lead on staff mentoring and on job training of field personnel.
• Oversee all records of delivery, loading transshipments, verification accounts and stock records.
• Oversee empty container drop/off to the correct Kampala depots and timely repositioning of Mombasa bound drop/off equipment to reduce unnecessary demurrage charges.
• Take lead in reviewing and developing of procedures and processes for Fracht field operations.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Transport, Logistics, Commerce or Economics.
• A Diploma in customs Clearing and Forwarding
• Certificate in East African Customs Freight Forwarding Practicing Certificate
• Must have demonstrable detailed understanding of business strategy, operations and result oriented.
• Should have 5 years’ experience from a reputable freight forwarding firm.
• Knowledge in customs clearing and forwarding/shipping company/logistics company/ warehousing company.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with wide range of individuals in a diverse environment.
• Innovating approach to working, keeping continuous improvement in mind.
• High integrity, self-driven and able to set own work schedule with rigorous deadlines.
• Ability to initiate and complete assignments and to work under demanding circumstances.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are looking for a professional, dynamic, and supportive work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their application letter, CV’S and copies of academic documents merged in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Address application to.
The Human Resource Manager
Fracht Uganda SMC Ltd
Plot 104 Katalima Road Naguru
Deadline is Monday 04th December 2023 at 5:00pm
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.