Global Marketing Manager
Jobs at:Engie Energy Access
Deadline of this Job:
26 May 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Global Marketing Manager
Department: Strategic Marketing
Reporting line: Global Head of Sales and Marketing
Location: Kampala, Uganda; Nairobi, Kenya; Lagos, Nigeria; Arusha, Tanzania (Or any EEA African market)
About ENGIE Energy Access (EEA)
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Marketing Manager is a key part of the Global Sales & Marketing team responsible for the development and execution of strategic & tactical sales and marketing initiatives for the EEA organization across Africa. This role will be responsible for contributing to the development and overseeing the execution of strategic & tactical marketing activities to bring life changing products to millions of customers and overall commercial success for the business.
The preferred candidate will have robust experience with sales-driven marketing and trade visibility initiatives in Africa.
• Strategy – In collaboration with the Head of Sales and Marketing, own the development of the overarching marketing strategy for EEA, with specific focus on customer segmentation, go to market strategies for new product launches and key customer insights to deliver superior results
• Marketing Operations – Be a thought partner to and support country teams in the development of impactful marketing strategies, plans and campaigns to support the sales, customer finance, CX and product functions in meeting the country’s business goals and objectives
• Create and cascade frameworks & tools for execution of sales and promotional campaigns, trade marketing across the EEA markets
• Performance Management - Create benchmarks, best practices and tools for country marketing teams to plan, implement and monitor the performance of their activities, such as: marketing campaign plans, customer segmentation analysis, ROI metrics & measurement, budgeting and reporting processes.
• Marketing support – Coordinate regular trainings and provide general support to country marketing teams in identified areas of improvement. Also, collaborate with and provide support to other global departments such as product, customer experience, customer finance
• Budget management – Develop and manage the department budget and support Country teams in setting budgets aligned with marketing strategy/mix ambition.
At EEA, we have high expectations for our managers. Each manager plays a key role in creating an exceptional experience not only for our customers but for every person on our team. Our managers help EEA realize our ambitious goals while developing their own leadership skills and facilitating growth for their direct reports.
We believe that great managers:
• Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results.
• Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
• Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
• Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
• Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
Knowledge and skills
• At least 6 - 8 years’ experience in marketing with advertising agency and/or FMCG experience in Africa
• Experience with building and managing marketing teams
• Ability to utilize data to measure activity and extract key insights to iterate and refine initiatives
• Ability to identify target audiences, develop strategy and employ tactics that engage, inform and motivate them
• Highly innovative and collaborative, with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
• Ability to collaborate with teams across a variety of locations and cultures
• Excellent project management skills paired with great attention to detail
• Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communications skills
• Self-starter and ability to work independently
• Relevant Bachelors degree
• French is a plus
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.