Jobs at:Norwegian Refugee Council
Deadline of this Job:
26 May 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job DescriptionAll NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships
• Follow up the planning and preparation of grant proposals.
• Serve as a liaison between potential donors and NRC.
• Prepare and compile all components of each grant submission, ensuring that the proposal is formatted, packaged, and submitted in accordance with donor requirements.
• Advise and/or assist as appropriate in the design, formatting and preparation of grant documentation, to include creation of computerized statistical summaries and/or graphics.
• Develop and maintain specialized databases and systems for recording and tracking grant proposals, awards, and related statistical information; create and distribute standard and special reports, summaries, and analyses, as required.
• Develop and maintains a documentation of reference documentation, including such information as donor requirements and forms, and other pertinent material.
• Provide advice and guidance on the application of grant funding policies, regulations, and procedures;
• Monitor and coordinate the administration of post-award grants to ensure that budgeting and administrative policies, procedures, and donor requirements are being followed; manages administrative problems and/or budget changes occurring during the awarded granting period.
• Maintains currency of knowledge of grant funding policies, regulations, and procedures; disseminate and/or presents changes to departments and advise on the implementation of changes, and on the impact of changes on funded operations
• Prepare grants’ opening, review and closing meeting agendas, documents and circulate minutes and follow-up on action points.
• Support program staff in conceptualizing and facilitating implementation of project tools developed, including work, spending and procurement plans, and ensure tools are updated on a quarterly basis.
• Participate in Go No Go meetings and be responsible to fill the forms and follow the action points based on the comments from the meeting.
• Update all projects and keep them up to date on Cycles
• Maintain an up to-date filing system, online and off line for all projects.
• Participate in grants meetings as a Rapporteur
• Ensure quality information management through regular maintenance of hard and soft copy grant files, and grant tracking tools in Uganda filling tree and office cabinet.
• Upon request, support the development of communication materials that highlight the learning and success of NRC Uganda program.
• Travel to field sites as needed to support with program monitoring / grants management.
• Under the guidance of the grants manager take part in the day-to-day aspects of donor reporting processes to ensure the timely submission of high quality programmatic reports and coordinate with the Finance Department to ensure timely submission of quality financial reports.
• As delegated by the grants manager compile, provide feedback on, and finalize draft donor reports, editing for format, grammar, and content. This includes providing constructive feedback on content and form of documents drafted.
• Support in the development, management and reporting of sub-grants with NRC’s consortia and local partners.
• Assist Grants Manager in tracking and monitoring of sub-grantees and provide training where required.
• Assist in the review of new sub-grant proposals, budgets and agreements when needed.
• Review the sub-grant reports in terms of NRC/donor compliance and guidelines and advice senior management for necessary action and follow-up.
• Support in the pre-award Assessment and due diligence processes before the grant is made to sub-grantee. Proposal Development
• Under the supervision of Grants Manager, support in the development and coordination of high quality proposals for submission to donors including technical applications, budgets, budget narratives, work plans and organograms.
• Coordinate with staff from other NRC Uganda departments (technical sectors, finance, field staff) to compile relevant information and documents to support proposal development.
Training & Capacity Building
• Assist with strengthening the capacity of field staff by supporting trainings and providing follow up support in report writing, sub-grants procedures, and other topics as needed.
• Provide input to Grants Manager in identifying training needs in the area of Grant management for non-finance staff.
Lead refresher training programs for Field and Program Coordinators, Program Managers to ensure staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities in the area of budgeting and grant management and are updated with new procedures, ambitions, initiatives, etc.
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
• Experience from working as a Grants Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Knowledge about own skills/profile
• Good knowledge of English
Context related skills, knowledge and experience
• Knowledge of grants management
• Knowledge of humanitarian partnership arrangements
• Knowledge of Project Cycle Management (PCMP)
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.