Jobs at:Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (Uetcl)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 07 2023
Date Posted: Friday, June 23 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Responsible for adding value to UETCL growth activities by identifying new commercial opportunities and managing marketing efforts; will keep abreast of trends and market conditions to provide strategic advice to top management.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Coordinate invoicing, revenue collection and compiling company business statistics.
• Provide reports to advise management on the performance of the single buyer business.
• Establish and Managing relationships with the regulatory authorities regarding tariff setting and performance targets.
• Compile UETCL’s annual and Quarterly Tariff Application and ensuring that the approved tariffs meet the revenue requirement of the company.
• Coordinate financial modelling and ensuring that the company’s tariff model is updated timely.
• Undertake the relevant analysis of the approved tariffs, and carrying out relevant tariff reconciliations.
• Coordinate collection and analysis of economic data of relevance to the regulatory framework and undertake benchmarking exercise of Transmission costs and Tariffs.
• Participate in the process by the Electricity Regulatory Authority tariff determination.
• Liaise with regulatory authorities and participate in Industry forums to influence regulatory policies.
• Ensure alignment of regulatory strategies to all key functional areas to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Cascade electricity tariff strategies and standards to all levels in the Company and
• ensure that the regulatory framework is adhered to in the Company operations.
• Provide advice to company’s management on emerging regulations and developments in the industry.
• Develop tactics to maximize rate recovery of prudently incurred capital and operating expenses.
• Negotiate Power Purchase Power Agreements and Bulk Supply Agreements, as well as optic fiber contracts.
THE PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
• BSc/BA degree with honours in Business administration, Finance, Energy Economics, Economics, Commerce, Statistics, Accounts or relevant field is a must
• MSc/MA in Business Administration, Finance, Energy Economics, Economics,
• Commerce, Statistics, Accounts or a relevant field is a must
• At least five (05) years’ experience as commercial director or another relevant role
• Relevant experience in the energy sector
• Proven experience in sales and/or marketing and managing relationships with key
• In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
• Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
• Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
• person of integrity, highly motivated, innovative and a committed team player.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AND REMUNERATION
The holder of this position will be offered a contract subject to the Ministry of Public Service Guidelines on the rationalization Exercise of Government Institutions.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If your qualifications and experience match the requirements for any of the roles, please complete and submit your application via the following link: Application Form for UETCL Staff Recruitment. All applications must be submitted via the online application form at the link above.
Closing date for receipt of applications will be July 7, 2023.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact the Executive Selection Division (ESD), KPMG on +256 312 170080 or +256 312 170081 or via email@example.com .
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.