Head Grid Development and Planning
Jobs at:Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (Uetcl)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 07 2023
Date Posted: Friday, June 23 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The position is responsible for electrical power transmission infrastructure planning, development, and investments
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Grid infrastructure planning and development
• Coordinate the update of the Grid Development and Investment Plan
• Develop project profiles for stakeholders and financiers
• Prepare feasibility studies, tender documents, and Bills of Quantities
• Provide technical support for engineering services during: Bid Evaluations; RAP and EIA Implementation, Engineering Procurement and Construction, Commissioning/ handing over to Operations and Maintenance, Defects Liability Period and Closing off the Project
• Plan Regional Grid Integration in liaison with related functions.
• Develop, implement and comply with Safety, Health and Environment standards; and Standards, specifications and operating procedures for the safety of equipment and personnel
• Provide and manage transport services (procurement as well as operations) in UETCL
• Develop and update civil, mechanical, and electrical designs; construct and maintain towers, bridges and access roads to all substations and transmission line corridors
• Plan and conduct surveys for design, acquisition, construction, operation, and maintenance of UETCL facilities
• Develop, control, and manage the functions operational budget.
THE PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
• A master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field from a recognized institution.
• At least 10 years’ experience in Electrical power systems and Planning with at least 5 years working at senior level.
• A Postgraduate in Project Planning and Monitoring is also desirable.
• Registered with the ERB.
• Evidence of past experience or training in financial modelling and writing of investment proposals is an added advantage.
• Significant experience in electrical power transmission infrastructure planning, development, investments, and operation.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AND REMUNERATION
The holder of this position will be offered a contract subject to the Ministry of Public Service Guidelines on the rationalization Exercise of Government Institutions.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
If your qualifications and experience match the requirements for any of the roles, please complete and submit your application via the following link: Application Form for UETCL Staff Recruitment. All applications must be submitted via the online application form at the link above.
Closing date for receipt of applications will be July 7, 2023.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact the Executive Selection Division (ESD), KPMG on +256 312 170080 or +256 312 170081 or via firstname.lastname@example.org .
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.