Head of Customer Experience
Jobs at:Engie Energy Access
Deadline of this Job:
26 May 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Head of Customer Experience
Department: Strategic Marketing
Reporting line: Global Head of Strategic Marketing
Location: Kampala, Uganda; Nairobi, Kenya; Lagos, Nigeria; Lusaka, Zambia (Or any EEA African market)
About ENGIE Energy Access (EEA)
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
This is a fantastic opportunity to support EEA’s mission to bring inclusive and affordable energy and financial services to millions across Africa. EEA considers Exceptional Customer Experience as a core value and fundamental to the success of our business, and the Global Manager Customer Experience will be responsible for ensuring exceptional Customer Experience standards across all markets within EEA International.
This role combines two major functions to improve the EEA Customer Experience. First, the Head of Customer Experience (CX) will improve customer service and support functions across all markets, ensuring that EEA customers across the continent are receiving world class after-sales service and support. They will work with new and mature markets to drive profitable, quality customer experience by focusing on customer loyalty, satisfaction, and retention.
Second, the Head of CX will play a key role in enabling a culture where the customer always comes first and ensuring that the customer voice is always prioritized in business strategy and decision making at a global and market level. They will create and share best practices, processes and standards that enables a consistent customer experience across all EEA countries. They will ensure all EEA teams are always connected to our customers and will develop strong global and market-level visions for the EEA customer journey.
The Head of CX will lead, develop, and grow their own CX team to achieve their vision, and will work closely with CX Directors and country leads in new and mature markets. They will report directly to the EEA Head of Strategic Marketing.
Develop World-Class Customer Service and Support Functions across EEA Markets
• Support CX leads in EEA markets to improve their service and support functions. Provide specific advice and support with developing CX systems and processes at scale and helping new markets meet their unique CX challenges.
• Build Service/Support Functions and Processes in new markets: for example, providing on-ground support in setting up infrastructure for contact centers/service centers.
• CX tools and systems support: for example, building tools to track the quality of customer experience provided by customer facing teams. Work with CX leads to integrate globally facing CX tools to all markets.
• Promote and facilitate best practice sharing across markets: ensure CX and country leads are aware of learnings and innovations in other markets.
Ensure Customer-Driven Culture, Strategy and Decision Making.
• Develop Strong Customer Voice Program across all markets that frequently gathers customer feedback, generates actionable insights and converts to business improvements.
• Improve Customer Insights and Data: Create and track key customer experience metrics and related management dashboards. Ensure data across markets is consistent, high quality and directly relevant to global and market CX goals and strategy.
• Advocate for the customer: Ensure that the customer voice is always prioritized in business strategy and decision making at a global and market level, and that decision makers have easy access to accurate customer feedback and opinion where required.
• Customer Journey Mapping: Map existing EEA customer journey from the customer’s point of view, develop strong global and market-level visions for the EEA customer journey, and then redesign processes to achieve that vision.
Design and support the implementation of sales and revenue generating strategies through the various CX channels.
• Work with country teams to develop the last mile CX strategy across all markets.
• Support the development and implementation of tele sales and collections strategies within the CX channels to become a significant contributor to both sales and collections in EEA markets.
• Identify cost saving strategies to improve efficiency with growing EEA customer base.
Connect Teams to our Customers via connectedness programs that ensure our teams maintain a strong relationship with and understanding of our customers.
At EEA, we have high expectations for our managers. Each manager plays a key role in creating an exceptional experience not only for our customers but for every person on our team. Our managers help EEA realize our ambitious goals while developing their own leadership skills and facilitating growth for their direct reports.
We believe that great managers:
• Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results.
• Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
• Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
• Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
• Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
Knowledge and skills
• At least 8 years’ experience in B2C customer experience operations in Africa.
• B2C commercial experience in Africa. (Last-mile customer service experience desired)
• Leadership Experience: Experience building, inspiring, leading strong teams.
• Proven experience as a collaborative, hands on team player and eagerness to learn new tools and/or roll up sleeves to get the job done
• Ability to build strategic plans and execute against them
• Very strong critical and analytical thinking skills; ability to work with large amounts of data to develop strategy and make rigorous decisions.
• Strong communicator, verbally and through presentation.
• Highly organized and able to follow through and prioritize tasks
• Ability to develop meaningful relationships with key stakeholders with commercial partners
• Bachelor’s degree ideally within Business Management or a related field.
• French is a plus
• Experience in technology required for the role
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please submit your application via ISD's careers page by Monday 23rd May 2022 @ 09:00 BST including your CV/resume and a one-page cover letter outlining your experience and motivation. ISD reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advertised closing date. If you have any further questions about this vacancy or want to speak to a member of our recruitment team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.