Information Systems Officer-Software
Jobs at:Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (Uetcl)
Deadline of this Job:
07 July 2023
Date Posted: Friday, June 23, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To provide Software maintenance, documentation, training and support. Design, installation, testing and maintenance of software systems for more efficient processes and operations.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Evaluate companywide requirements for information systems, assess design and maintain their protection procedures/mechanisms in accordance with the ICT policy.
• Automate business processes in accordance with the Corporate Business Plan including but not limited to bespoke software design, development, maintenance and user training.
• Maintain the intranet portal and Company website.
• Maintain up to date information systems configuration documentation in accordance with the ICT policy including but not limited to maintaining of an up-to-date software media inventory.
• Carry out database administration for all relational databases.
• Manage availability of information systems (Imaging, Backup and restore).
• Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
THE PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
• A bachelor’s degree with honours in Computer Science or Information Technology or Physical sciences (Maths or Physics) Statistics or Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Telecommunications Engineering or related IT field.
• At least 3 years’ experience in design, installation, testing and maintenance of software systems.
• Must have an IT professional certificate(s) such as Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, CISA or ITIL.
• Knowledge of computer hardware, software and network applications including, Storage, Virtualization and Microsoft technologies.
• Significant experience in developing and implementing IT systems using dot net framework or PHP or Python, C++ or JAVA or related programming and scripting languages.
• Expert proficiency in the use, design, implementation and publishing of web applications including in-depth understanding of webservers such as Apache, Microsoft Internet Server (IIS) or Nginx.
• Experience in developing database driven applications using Oracle or Microsoft SQL.
• Must have a good analytical and communication skills.
• A person of integrity, highly motivated, innovative and a committed team player.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AND REMUNERATION
The holder of this position will be offered a contract subject to the Ministry of Public Service Guidelines on the rationalization Exercise of Government Institutions.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If your qualifications and experience match the requirements for any of the roles, please complete and submit your application via the following link: Application Form for UETCL Staff Recruitment. All applications must be submitted via the online application form at the link above.
Closing date for receipt of applications will be July 7, 2023.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact the Executive Selection Division (ESD), KPMG on +256 312 170080 or +256 312 170081 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.