Inventory Accountant and Stock take
Jobs at:Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (Uetcl)
Deadline of this Job:
07 July 2023
Date Posted: Friday, June 23, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Responsible for reconciliation of stock cards to the inventory control module and to the General ledger. Responsible for quarterly and end of year physical stock taking.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Monitor all inventory transactions and reconciliation of inventory related accounts in the general ledger.
• Advise the senior Accountant Fixed Assets Accountability & Inventory Management of any reconciliation issues and how to address them.
• Enter/capture all CRIVs in IC and forward to Senior Accountant Disbursements for confirmation & posting.
• Reconcile IC and LA as guided by Financial Policies & Procedures Manual.
• Prepare quarterly stock take reports.
• Coordinates stock take exercises
THE PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
The desired person should have the following essential requirements.
• A Bachelor’s Degree with honours in Commerce or Business Administration or Finance or equivalent qualification.
• Part professional qualification of ACCA, CPA, etc.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a large volume and busy computerized Inventory unit.
• Experience in preparation and reconciliation of inventory.
• Must be able to work with Accounting software packages specifically Sun Accounting Systems.
• Must have good understanding of international Financial reporting Standards and best practices.
• Must be computer literate in Microsoft office package.
• A person of integrity
• Highly motivated, innovative and a committed team player.
• Sense of responsibility and confidentiality
• Must be able to work independently and accurately under pressure with minimal supervision.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AND REMUNERATION
The holder of this position will be offered a contract subject to the Ministry of Public Service Guidelines on the rationalization Exercise of Government Institutions.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If your qualifications and experience match the requirements for any of the roles, please complete and submit your application via the following link: Application Form for UETCL Staff Recruitment. All applications must be submitted via the online application form at the link above.
Closing date for receipt of applications will be July 7, 2023.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact the Executive Selection Division (ESD), KPMG on +256 312 170080 or +256 312 170081 or via email@example.com.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.