Livelihood Restoration Supervisor – Enterprise Development
Jobs at:East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP)
Deadline of this Job:
19 April 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Livelihood Restoration Supervisor – Enterprise Development – EACOP Uganda
Position in the Organization
Reports to: EACOP Uganda Livelihood Restoration Coordinator
Staff managed (supervised) (number): 0
Missions / Job Dimensions
The East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) Project involves the construction and operation of a buried, cross-border pipeline to transport crude oil from the Lake Albert area in Uganda to the eastern coast of Tanzania for export to international markets. The pipeline will run from Kabaale in Hoima District, Uganda, to Chongoleani, Tanga Region, in Tanzania. The length of the pipeline is 1,443 kilometers (km) of which 296 km will be in Uganda. In Uganda the pipeline will traverse ten (10) Districts, comprising Hoima, Kikuube, Kakumiro, Kyankwanzi, Mubende, Gomba, Sembabule, Lwengo, Rakai and Kyotera.
EACOP will ensure that the livelihoods of all Project-Affected Persons (PAPs) are restored to, or improved beyond, pre-project levels. Livelihood restoration measures will consider the overall livelihood activities of each PAP and the severity of impacts to the livelihoods of people induced by the Project land acquisition. The overall aim of the EACOP Livelihood Restoration Programme (LR Programme) is to ensure that in compliance with IFC Performance Standard 5 (Land Acquisition and Involuntary Resettlement) the production, income-earning capacity, standards of living, and overall means of livelihood for displaced households will be improved, or at least, restored to pre-Project levels. An overarching description of the EACOP Uganda Livelihood Restoration Plan (LRP) can be found in the EACOP Uganda Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) here https://eacop.com/publication/eacop-uganda-rap-chapter-9-livelihood-restoration-plan-lrp/.
EACOP Uganda is developing its Livelihood Restoration Team (LR Team) in preparation for LR Programme delivery. This team will work within the EACOP Land and Social Team, and will be responsible for the delivery of the LR Programme. The objectives of the team are to ensure that
• the LR Programme meets technical and schedule expectations and supports the overall delivery of the EACOP Project
• appropriate livelihood restoration packages (LR Packages) of activities are developed for restoration of PAPs’ livelihoods in the Project-affected areas
• LR Programme delivery contractors are procured and effectively managed to deliver the LR Packages
• effective monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the LR Programme, and timely reporting to stakeholders
• the LR Programme meets HSE expectations
The Livelihood Restoration Supervisor – Enterprise Development will monitor technical quality of enterprise development and vocational training livelihood restoration activity delivery. Major activities expected to be the focus of the LR Programme, include, but are not limited to, skills training for self-employment and wage employment, training and support to establishment of businesses, and business advice to PAPs pursuing agriculture and livestock based livelihoods. Candidates should demonstrate experience in livelihoods development delivery in some/all of these areas.
The Livelihood Restoration Supervisors will be responsible for the following tasks:
Monitoring the technical quality of livelihood restoration activities being coordinated and delivered by the Livelihood Restoration Contractors (LRCs) and Local Implementing Partners (LIPs) at local level, including
• Providing technical advice on the LR Package designs
• Providing technical advice on M&E indicator design and baseline survey
• Monitoring LR Programme delivery quality
• Providing technical advice and support to delivery improvements
• Participating in monthly LR Programme coordination meetings as appropriate
• Report on daily/weekly basis the progress of the activities
Supporting the LR Programme M&E system, including
• Monitoring LRCs’ correct usage of the M&E system
• Providing feedback on LR Programme delivery quality and effectiveness
• Participating in field verification visits as appropriate
• Working with the HSE department to ensure all HSE risks associated with the LR Programme are met
• Acting as points of contact with PAPs to introduce the LR approach and Programme (from LR Package entitlement and selection meetings to implementation and completion of restoration), and provide ongoing liaison on LR related matters
• Receiving grievances from PAPs to be transmitted to the EACOP Community Relations team
Context and Environment
S/he will report to a EACOP Uganda Livelihoods Restoration Coordinator, and is required to demonstrate exemplary behaviour with regard to compliance and HSE rules and requirements. S/he will be based in the field.
• Ensure LR Programme technical quality in the area of enterprise development..
• Report accurately the progress of the LR Programme.
• Report accurately PAPs’ feedback on the implementation of the LR Programme and on any grievances they may have.
• Undertake all activities in compliance with EACOP Uganda standards and HSE rules and regulations.
Qualifications and required experience
Professional experience: professional experience (min 8 years) working on enterprise development within rural communities; demonstrated experience delivering skills training for self-employment and wage employment, training and support to establishment of businesses, and small-scale agri-business advice.
Qualifications: Bachelor degree in sustainable rural livelihoods development or a similar field; a specialism in one of the above-mentioned areas in a bonus.
Technical competencies: Technical knowledge and experience of their respective livelihood sector as listed above; excellent competency in the use of MS Word and Excel, data management, and preparation of quantitative and qualitative documents and reports relating to livelihoods development programming.
Behavioral competencies: Detail oriented person, highly organised, systematic working, close attention to detail, strong team worker with excellent communication skills, ability to meet deadlines. High computer skills, quantitative and qualitative data management, analytical, and reporting skills.
Fluent in English (speaking, writing) and knowledge of either Luganda, Runyoro or Runyankole recommended.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply online at https://career.nftconsult.com/job_description_page.php?jaction=NmJhZjRmYWUyNmNkNGRiZGIwZTRjNDllODVjOTU4OTM=
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.