Manager Survey and Valuation
Jobs at:Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (Uetcl)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 07 2023
Date Posted: Friday, June 23 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Plan for and manage UETCL’s land surveying and valuation activities for current and previous projects. The position holder will work within general methods and procedures and exercises considerable independent judgment to select the proper courses of action. The role requires knowledge of the policies, procedures, and regulations of a departmental survey program, and supervisory techniques, personnel policies, and procedures.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Provide general technical advice and assistance regarding survey and valuation issues to the Head of department and other stakeholders
• Meet with planning and design engineers; and architects/draughtsmen to determine pertinent information required for project plans
• Oversee the preparation of the survey and valuation components of Resettlement Action Plans (RAPs) on planned and ongoing projects including the development of terms of reference for the functions of surveying and valuation of proposed transmission lines and substation construction projects as well as new estate developments
• Maintain close liaison with the office of the Chief Government Valuer, Attorney General, and other relevant agencies and organizations on matters relating to valuation surveying regulations, standards, policies and techniques; and also serve as a professional witness in court cases involving land and valuation disputes
• Review RAP reports, valuation assessments, photography, strip maps and any other relevant documents to ensure consistency and compliance with UETCL Land Acquisition Procedures and specifications.
• Coordinate activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinate employees
• Work with requisite heads of departments in regard to transmission line project development of site and route selection/ acquisition
• Manage and negotiate complex consents, wayleaves, access routes, easements and agreements in respect to the location of and works of UETCL assets (cables/lines/substations).
• Evaluate and verify employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
THE PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
• A bachelors’ of Science degree with honours in Land Economics, Land Management and Valuation, Land surveying and Geomatics or a related field
• Postgraduate qualification in a relevant field will be an added advantage
• Must be registered with the Surveyors Registration Board
• A minimum of 7 years work experience preferably in land management, property valuation and land acquisition procedures
• Experience in appraisal of land acquisition and wayleaves management
• Kknowledge in the use and application of Geographic Information Systems (GIS),
• AUTOCAD and other related software will be an added advantage
• Must be familiar with national legislation on land management
• Should be knowledgeable on a variety of lender guidelines and project management
• Should have excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Must be of pleasant personality, highly motivated.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT AND REMUNERATION
The holder of this position will be offered a contract subject to the Ministry of Public Service Guidelines on the rationalization Exercise of Government Institutions.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If your qualifications and experience match the requirements for any of the roles, please complete and submit your application via the following link: Application Form for UETCL Staff Recruitment. All applications must be submitted via the online application form at the link above.
Closing date for receipt of applications will be July 7, 2023.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact the Executive Selection Division (ESD), KPMG on +256 312 170080 or +256 312 170081 or via email@example.com .
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.