Procurement and Logistics Officer
Jobs at:Light for the World
Deadline of this Job:
27 April 2022
Date Posted: Friday, April 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Light for the World is a global disability & development organization, breaking down barriers to enrich society and unlock the potential in all of us.
Procurement and Logistics Officer
Light for the World is a global development organisation. We empower people with disabilities and enable eye health services in low-income countries. Over the last three decades we improved health systems, enabled education for all, and amplified the voices of people with disabilities
Our programmes include:
Eye Health – preventing blindness and promoting eye health for all
Inclusive Education – ensuring children with disabilities receive quality, inclusive education
Inclusive Economic Empowerment – ensuring that barriers are removed for men and women with disabilities to access decent work
We focus on the poorest and hardest to reach because that’s where we will have the biggest impact.
In Uganda, our country strategy for the year 2021-2025 focuses on Eye health, Inclusive Economic Empowerment, Disability Inclusion and Inclusive Education.
Currently, Light for the World Uganda implements projects on eye health, inclusive economic empowerment and disability inclusion with a presence in 21 districts. We are in the process of expanding our team in Uganda and looking for a committed person to fill this role and be part of this growth.
Procurement and Logistics Officer (1 National Position)
Based in Kampala, Uganda (40 hours a week)
The Procurement and Logistics Officer (PLO) will be responsible for ensuring that requests are serviced in a quality and timely manner. Accordingly, s/he manages and ensures the provision of efficient and timely procurement and contract administration support to Light for the World.
The PLO will report to and work under the guidance of the Finance and Operations Manager, directly manage the drivers and work in close coordination with the other teams.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
The PLO will execute procurement tasks for all goods and services while ensuring compliance with Light for the World’s policies, donor requirements and national laws.
• Timely and duly prepare procurement plans for the office and projects and monitoring of their implementation in collaboration with the respective teams.
• Receive, review and process incoming requests ensuring sufficient clarity on specifications given for goods and services. Confirm any other relevant information from requestors and seek recommendation from IT support team members for related IT goods.
• Coordinate and ensure that all purchases are reviewed and approved in accordance with the authorization matrix.
• Identify, register and follow procurement project risks and escalate them when ever necessary.
• Assists in organizing training for staff on Procurement.
• Assists in preparation and synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement.
• Support the Finance and Operations Manager to analyze the local market and keep an up-to-date database of local suppliers that satisfy LFTW’s criteria (quality, price, service, ethics, etc.) and needs.
• Organize local transportation of merchandise including choice of transport and packing, planning and monitoring of consignments, and when applicable administrative and customs clearance formalities.
• Follow up and maintaining service and supply framework contracts and monitoring charts.
• Organize the physical management of stocks in collaboration with Finance and Operations Manager including periodic inventory stock take or reconciliation, organize periodic stock controls, stock Card and stock monitoring chart and manage the flow of merchandise.
• Maintain records of all transactions, ensuring that an efficient filing system for records of all quotations, procurement process, copies of records of expenditure, receiving reports, receipts, local order forms, etc. are kept accountable and easily accessible by managers.
• Coordinate and monitor the delivery of ordered goods/services and ensure through established procedures that all received goods/services are in accordance with the terms and specifications of the order(quality, quantity, price, deadline, origin, etc.) .
• Receives invoices for purchased goods and services and submits to Finance with all relevant support documentation for processing.
• Manage the drivers including ensuring that relevant vehicle reports are submitted when due and vehicle maintenance is done maintenance are done in a management including performance management ensuring that vehicles are well maintained and serviced in time.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Management or related field. CIPS or any other procurement certification is desirable.
• Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role or recognized NGO role which explicitly involved donor-funded projects.
• Experience in procuring requirements of significant complexity and value.
• Knowledge on local market and good negotiation skills.
• Excellent people skills with experience in collaborating in a diverse and dynamic team.
• Innovative and strategic thinker always ready to adapt and learn.
• Technology savvy with proficiency in the use of MS Office software packages.
• High levels of integrity, accountability, and honesty.
• Commitment to Light for the World’s mandate and values.
What we can offer as an employer:
We offer an outstanding opportunity to bring about change through an international development organisation with strong expertise, a growing profile, and a dedicated team.
Entry date: June 1, 2022
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
We are looking forward to receiving your application by April 27, 2022 at the latest. Please apply using https://lftw.hrmagic.co/careers. A complete CV and a letter of motivation are important parts of this. Please let us know why you would like to join our team and why you consider yourself suitable.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage people with disabilities and women to apply for this position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.